Sponsored by:

is my transmission shot ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none yet
is my transmission shot ?

So just when I thought I had the car running perfect something had to go wrong , last night when coming back from a buddies house I was driving more on the aggressive side when I pulled into his drive way and put the car in park and turned it off , instantly smelt a burning smell. When I turned the car on and put it into reverse to back out of the drive way it pulled forward (still in drive) , put it in neutral same thing car will pull forward as if it is still in drive , even in park if you give it gas it will lurch forward like the transmission is stuck in a drive gear. What the hell is going on with my transmission I have never heard of this happening before and I am with out a car until it is fixed any ideas are welcome thnx
Old 03-14-2015, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 981 Likes on 763 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
First place to check is the transmission selector module in the center console. Especially if the smell was one of electrical insulation. Putting the car on a diagnostic system would ID the problem within moments.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none yet
Okay I will have to see if I can get it to a shop or if some one I know can pull codes and see if it has any , you can smell the burnt odor from out side the car not in it