Sponsored by:

Improved Cam Adjuster for M156?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
Improved Cam Adjuster for M156?

I know I'm new to the forum, but I've tried to read and search here and other places for information. I'll soon be taking possession of a new to me 2007 E63 AMG and I am considering doing some preventative work soon by replacing the head bolts, valve buckets, cam adjusters and cams (if needed). We all know the head bolts have been redesigned and there are also the studs available from Weistec. It appears the cams were changed or updated at some point given that the MB service bulletin only suggests cam replacement for engines with the very early build numbers. We have the SLS buckets to use. But, I've not seen any information suggesting the cam adjusters were ever changed or updated. It seems this is one of the weak items given that even the MB service bulletin includes replacement for all M156's with the common valve train noise regardless of build number. Am I missing something?

I think I understand how to use the cam shaft tool and how to lock the cam adjusters in place before removal. I've seen a couple of pics of the cam adjuster timing tool being used. But I haven't seen any explanation for how the cam adjuster timing tool works. Any info in that regard would be appreciated also.

Thanks in advance.