Cls 55 in for 77mm SC pulley for testing @mslperformance

Stock
423whp
475 wtq

77mm pulley tuned
509 whp
596 wtq

that's a lot of power just from a pulley. Its got to have more mods
It's hard to say, I've tried looking into this vehicle and it "may" have also had an 80mm TB - emphasis on "may have"

Other definite mods on it that I have found were deleted secondary cats and X pipe with straight trailing pipes, factory headers

Also the temp while dyno is on 13 degrees celsius so nice and "crisp" outside to say the least and not 100% on what fuel type was used and tuned for

But yeah that is one hell of a gain, most of their tunes seem to net really big numbers and I am wondering if it is just a really generous dyno?

For example, I know a guy here in NZ who put an 83mm and shorty headers on his E55 and with a custom Dyno tune got ~465whp

Where the tuner above off a stock motor and just an 83mm SC pulley seems to net around 470-480whp consistently from what I have seen off a fair few E55s with just a SC pulley through them?

I hope someone else puts up some other dyno numbers from the 77mm soon

I am definitely going to get one when I can, no ifs or buts

Last edited by menace2sobriety; 04-14-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:12 PM

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2003 E55, 2003 SL55, 2014 CLS63, 2018 q50 Redsport, 1968 Camaro SS, 1999 Trans am Firehawk
Originally Posted by menace2sobriety
It's hard to say, I've tried looking into this vehicle and it "may" have also had an 80mm TB - emphasis on "may have"

Other definite mods on it that I have found were deleted secondary cats and X pipe with straight trailing pipes, factory headers

Also the temp while dyno is on 13 degrees celsius so nice and "crisp" outside to say the least and not 100% on what fuel type was used and tuned for

But yeah that is one hell of a gain, most of their tunes seem to net really big numbers and I am wondering if it is just a really generous dyno?

For example, I know a guy here in NZ who put an 83mm and shorty headers on his E55 and with a custom Dyno tune got ~465whp

Where the tuner above off a stock motor and just an 83mm SC pulley seems to net around 470-480whp consistently from what I have seen off a fair few E55s with just a SC pulley through them?

I hope someone else puts up some other dyno numbers from the 77mm soon

I am definitely going to get one when I can, no ifs or buts
dynos are more used to measure gains and test tuning than they are output from car A on dyno A vs car B on dyno B. You can manipulate the crap outta numbers on one.