Sponsored by:

windshield question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one of seven
Question windshield question?

need some 211 E55 owners eyes for some help. Just had the front windshield replaced by my MB dealer (at 1100 miles) after some nut whipped across my lane on the 101 and kicked up a rock that cracked the original one. The replacement job went fine, picked up the car after dark and upon checking it this morning, it seems it doesn't have the same blue tint as the side and rear windows (maybe no blue tint at all). Can anyone out there check and compare their side to front windows for me and tell me what you see. Try it with a white piece of paper viewing half behind the glass and the other half with the naked eye. Oh, and when I called the parts department for the part number of the windshield for an '04 E55, he tells me that there are 6 different ones and he needs more info. Come on, all E55's have the same glass and tint - any one out there have a part number?? Thanks, Michael

Last edited by mbprince; 01-22-2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:27 PM

2006 M5
My '03 E55 (California car) has a blue tinted windshield. Looks to be the same tint as the two front side windows but can't tell for sure.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:40 PM

I just checked my car in the sunshine, and a white background is not very blue through the windshield but is through the side windows.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: windshield question?

Originally posted by mbprince
need some 211 E55 owners eyes for some help. Just had the front windshield replaced by my MB dealer (at 1100 miles) after some nut whipped across my lane on the 101 and kicked up a rock that cracked the original one. The replacement job went fine, picked up the car after dark and upon checking it this morning, it seems it doesn't have the same blue tint as the side and rear windows (maybe no blue tint at all). Can anyone out there check and compare their side to front windows for me and tell me what you see. Try it with a white piece of paper viewing half behind the glass and the other half with the naked eye. Oh, and when I called the parts department for the part number of the windshield for an '04 E55, he tells me that there are 6 different ones and he needs more info. Come on, all E55's have the same glass and tint - any one out there have a part number?? Thanks, Michael
oh man, thats annoying. Isn't there a part number on the window they took out?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:05 PM

one of seven
jpodesto - thanks, I think you answered my question. My windshield is not as blue as the side windows. I checked with another MB dealer and they gave me the same part number as the one I now have on the car 211 670 02 01.

Al - there is no MB part # on the glass. It's made for MB by PPG and has various factory numbers and letters on it.

It seems from jpodesto's post that I have the correct windshield - I just wanted some corroboration. I never really looked closely at the windshield until it was replaced and noticed that it is not the same blue tint as the side windows. I think I'll sleep better tonight.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E 350, 2012 GLK 350, 2012 C300 4matic
mine looks similar. I had a replacement on a CLK and it had a holographic MB sticker on the outside near the drivers lower edge
Old 01-23-2004, 08:59 AM

c32
windshield

I've been in the autoglass business for 40yrs. Most dealers sub work to lowest bidder.. Cheap glass such as SGC (safelite glass, joke of the industry) All AMGs come with blue tint. Others come blue, green, and shaded. call other than safelite glass shops and inquire about differences. Not just dealers but insurance companys also use lowest price. You cand DEMAND THE BRAND!!!!!!!