Sponsored by:

Price Increase!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
Price Increase!!!!

OK, bad news for all of you who have cars on order yet. MB just announced a price increase effective Feb. 2nd on all vehicles that haven't been processed at a VPC yet. My E55 is just now arriving at the VPC in Belcamp and because it's a couple of days late I'm being hit with a $900 increase!

My dealer said that there's nothing he can do about but I told him I thought this is Bull*hit!

He's blaming it on the weak dollar. I told him that I could deal with the $1700 increase from the 2003 to the 2004 model year but now to slap on another $900 is crazy.

I know it's only a one and a half percent increase but that takes the car up $2600 from an '03 model with very few improvements!

2 questions... Does anyone else have confirmation of this? ( I'm hoping it's not just dealer gouging) Any suggestions to get my dealer to help me out with this dilema?
Old 02-03-2004, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
He's not bull****ting about the currency. I work for a company that deals with the Euro every day and am very wary of it. There's nothing MB can do when the value of the dollar drops 20 cents like it has.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=USDE...=on&z=m&q=l&c=

-m