Sponsored by:

Finally found the stutter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Finally found the stutter

After a couple of months with the famous "stutter" I finally found what the real problem is. Cylinder #8 has 75 psi.... Must of washed the cylinder out due to being so rich and damaged the rings. Now to figure out what to do. I'll probably sell the car and suck it up.......
Old 08-15-2015, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Wow!!! I can't believe Moosejaw would sell you his car knowing it was like that!

Maybe he should give you back some of the money or help pay for the repair Especially since you installed his intake on his truck for free
Old 08-15-2015, 05:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
04 E55
Damn, sorry to hear.

What mods are done to it? Is washing down of a cylinder something that happens with stock injectors?
Old 08-15-2015, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 376 Likes on 321 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Or leaned it out on that famous cylinder ???
Old 08-15-2015, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by SICAMG
Or leaned it out on that famous cylinder ???
Moosejaw had a Fabtech looped rail and 550 injectors with a Eurocharged tune
Old 08-15-2015, 06:07 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Wow!!! I can't believe Moosejaw would sell you his car knowing it was like that!

Maybe he should give you back some of the money or help pay for the repair Especially since you installed his intake on his truck for free
Lol.... Since I got the car it was rich as heck.. Tony got it better but still had a problems ..problem was a halfway dead cylinder. Maybe Moosejaw got screwed by the old tuner and I got the ****ty end of the stick
Old 08-15-2015, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by c55asleep?
Lol.... Since I got the car it was rich as heck.. Tony got it better but still had a problems ..problem was a halfway dead cylinder. Maybe Moosejaw got screwed by the old tuner and I got the ****ty end of the stick
Maybe. But that means they both would have known.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:18 PM

Bicycle
Maybe. But that means they both would have known.
I don't know who knew or not but damn it took a garbage man to figure it out smh.... I do gotta thank you Elliot for helping me out. Now the quest to figure out what to do? What do you think? Maybe use the motor as a tv stand?
Old 08-15-2015, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
RBJ
I dont know what to make of your comments or if you have a gripe with me.
C55asleep? and i go back almost 10 years. In fact i took the picture of his signature pic.
Do you honestly think i would sell any freind of mine with a bad #8 cylinder? I disclosed everything that was wrong with it including the tune issue. C55asleep? spoke with Nemo about the car. The car spent the last six months of its life in shop after shop in the hands of incompetent mechanics. The same incompetent mechanic that built your ride and is now building Racing Porsche s in West Palm Beach.

C55asleep? and I talked already.
Thanks for calling me out.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
I don't know who knew or not but damn it took a garbage man to figure it out smh.... I do gotta thank you Elliot for helping me out. Now the quest to figure out what to do? What do you think? Maybe use the motor as a tv stand?
Let's just try to figure out how much damage is done and go from there. If not I guess we could make a coffee table out of it.

Sucks that a so called "friend" would do this to you!
Old 08-15-2015, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none

Sucks that a so called "friend" would do this to you!
And you think you know people. You've been freinds with C55asleep? for like what five minutes? I have no business being here. I let the so called experts figure it out.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by moosejaw
RBJ
I dont know what to make of your comments or if you have a gripe with me.
C55asleep? and i go back almost 10 years. In fact i took the picture of his signature pic.
Do you honestly think i would sell any freind of mine with a bad #8 cylinder? I disclosed everything that was wrong with it including the tune issue. C55asleep? spoke with Nemo about the car. The car spent the last six months of its life in shop after shop in the hands of incompetent mechanics. The same incompetent mechanic that built your ride and is now building Racing Porsche s in West Palm Beach.

C55asleep? and I talked already.
Thanks for calling me out.
You can keep blaming Nemo for whatever you want. He only did what you paid for. Or should I say dragged the payment. The same way you dragged the payment when you bought my headers. Stop blaming others because you tried to do everything as cheap as you could.

Oh wait, let me stop before you and your "friend" that is a moderator on this forum ban me or give out my personal info for you to post. Your a fuc$ing looser
And a bi+ch. you know where to find me if you don't like what I'm saying
Old 08-15-2015, 07:06 PM

Bicycle
And you think you know people. You've been freinds with C55asleep? for like what five minutes? I have no business being here. I let the so called experts figure it out.
Drew, Elliot and I have been friends for a short time true. But he's tried helping me out as much as possible. I didn't make this thread to **** on anyone but rather to inform people to look a little further than a thottle problem. You know as well as I the car had an issue since I bought it from you. The conclusion was the tuning. But in fact it wasn't. The worst ****ig part is my wife is a month away from having my son so that puts a big strain on me mentally and physically and screws me finiaclly. But **** happens. Hopefully it helps someone else down the line. The old tuner (not mentioning names) tuned it for hours and he couldn't figure it out? Really? *** it **** happens.... Lots of tuners and some can't even help......
Old 08-15-2015, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
You can keep blaming Nemo for whatever you want. He only did what you paid for. Or should I say dragged the payment. The same way you dragged the payment when you bought my headers. Stop blaming others because you tried to do everything as cheap as you could.

Oh wait, let me stop before you and your "friend" that is a moderator on this forum ban me or give out my personal info for you to post. Your a fuc$ing looser
And a bi+ch. you know where to find me if you don't like what I'm saying
Wow dude.....I really had no idea you had issues with me.
When we were chowing down at Hooters back in April, you didnt mention this to me?
Explain to me how i did things cheap or failed to fix? Can you name one?
Explain to me why I should have floated Nemo money when he wasn't done with my car? My car was in his shop for months. This is the first time i'm hearing that you or nemo had problems with this? Ive never tried to negotiate someones price. I did everything on my car that was recommended. Do you dispute that?

I paid Nemo when he needed money and when he asked for it that day. Sorry to say he was extremely slow with my car and after C55asleep? uncovered things it turns out Nemo could of cared less and did things unprofessionally. No one could tell me what was wrong with the tune. Not Nemo, not jerry at EC.

I can call you names too but honestly.... I dont know why you are mad at me? I cant think of a bad thing to say about you but it sounds like its a dead issue anyways. You were a good friend to me Elliot and i supported you where I could. I've never talked bad about you in any shape or form. I've come out to every event when I could that you were gracious enough to host. I'm sorry it came to this. If the late header payment bothered you then you should have let me know bc you didn't say anything and when you told me you needed the money I paid you promptly.

You want to kick my *** for whatever reason it is, then you can come find me.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Drew, Elliot and I have been friends for a short time true. But he's tried helping me out as much as possible. I didn't make this thread to **** on anyone but rather to inform people to look a little further than a thottle problem. You know as well as I the car had an issue since I bought it from you. The conclusion was the tuning. But in fact it wasn't. The worst ****ig part is my wife is a month away from having my son so that puts a big strain on me mentally and physically and screws me finiaclly. But **** happens. Hopefully it helps someone else down the line. The old tuner (not mentioning names) tuned it for hours and he couldn't figure it out? Really? *** it **** happens.... Lots of tuners and some can't even help......
Elliot has helped me out too in the past. Like i told you over the phone. This is why i dont like selling my cars to my friends. Hopefully yours will last longer than mine with him.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:33 PM

Bicycle
Elliot has helped me out too in the past. Like i told you over the phone. This is why i dont like selling my cars to my friends. Hopefully yours will last longer than mine with him.
Andrew, **** happens. Like I told you on the phone, someone screwed you and it followed along to me. Someone turned the blind eye and acted stupid or knew something and didn't elaborate. These Fuking guys dynoed it for hours and they couldn't figure out what it had wtf? I looked at it for 30 minutes and knew something was wrong Andrew. Brotha I work on diesel trucks I have no idea on these cars and I saw something was wrong. Obviously with help of Elliot and lenny we narrowed it down but this guy (old tuner) I don't know.... And tony tried helping out as well. Sad part is I worked with one of the tuners back in 2006 when he wasn't ****..... Now I'm fuked with a big bill
Old 08-15-2015, 07:44 PM
lm7

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 E55
Swap in a stock short block strip all the parts the car has now sell them and sell the car in stock form as possible. You'll be able recover all or more of your money will just take some time. Best of luck, it's just a car and some dollars. Don't let it stress you about family or friends
Old 08-15-2015, 07:48 PM
lm7

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 E55
PM shardul, blackbenzz or sir boost a lot they tend to keep a pulse on long/short blocks out there and can maybe help you find one quickly. (Shardul has helped me find parts fast many times)
Old 08-15-2015, 08:12 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by lm7
Swap in a stock short block strip all the parts the car has now sell them and sell the car in stock form as possible. You'll be able recover all or more of your money will just take some time. Best of luck, it's just a car and some dollars. Don't let it stress you about family or friends
I know it's just a car, but going into this car after spending 15k plus into a GN I have a horrible taste in my mouth. The least I thought for a 65k mile engine was to have to repair it. At the end I'll have to figure something out... I spent funds on one tuner then another 400 plus on another it start adding up lol
Old 08-15-2015, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Wow dude.....I really had no idea you had issues with me.
When we were chowing down at Hooters back in April, you didnt mention this to me?
Explain to me how i did things cheap or failed to fix? Can you name one?
Explain to me why I should have floated Nemo money when he wasn't done with my car? My car was in his shop for months. This is the first time i'm hearing that you or nemo had problems with this? Ive never tried to negotiate someones price. I did everything on my car that was recommended. Do you dispute that?

I paid Nemo when he needed money and when he asked for it that day. Sorry to say he was extremely slow with my car and after C55asleep? uncovered things it turns out Nemo could of cared less and did things unprofessionally. No one could tell me what was wrong with the tune. Not Nemo, not jerry at EC.

I can call you names too but honestly.... I dont know why you are mad at me? I cant think of a bad thing to say about you but it sounds like its a dead issue anyways. You were a good friend to me Elliot and i supported you where I could. I've never talked bad about you in any shape or form. I've come out to every event when I could that you were gracious enough to host. I'm sorry it came to this. If the late header payment bothered you then you should have let me know bc you didn't say anything and when you told me you needed the money I paid you promptly.

You want to kick my *** for whatever reason it is, then you can come find me.

Andrew, I really did try to be friends with you. But if you are that self centered, that you don't realize some of the things that you say and do insult people, that's on you. I'm not going to look for you. Im going to keep living my life. Like I always do.
Nemo may have needed money, but I sure as hell don't. You know that. I've just grown very tired of people taking advantage of him. He's too nice and won't say anything. I've watched people bully him and then blame him. Smh

Take it how you want, but a real friend would be helping the problem instead of passing the blame. Especially a 10 year friend. JS

Last edited by RedBullJnky; 08-15-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
I know it's just a car, but going into this car after spending 15k plus into a GN I have a horrible taste in my mouth. The least I thought for a 65k mile engine was to have to repair it. At the end I'll have to figure something out... I spent funds on one tuner then another 400 plus on another it start adding up lol
I have plenty of parts also. Like I said, let's see what's damaged and go from there.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:20 PM

Bicycle
I have plenty of parts also. Like I said, let's see what's damaged and go from there.
Let's see what we come up with if not I'll sell this ***** like this. At has been disclosed so it's up to whoever buys it. There is a couple of upgrades I'll throw In if someone is interested....
Old 08-16-2015, 10:11 AM

Bicycle
I'm more than likely going to sell it. Put it in my signature if someone is interested. I put lots of new parts upon purchasing it. Interior is great, both headlights are brand new oem. Still have the boxes with the old ones. Alternator is new oem. And a few other parts. I have two sets of 550cc injectors I'll throw in as well as one other part I had just bought but hadn't had a chance to install. I'm asking 15k don't know if it's in line or not but we will see considering the condition of the car. I'm not going to let it go for 10k I rather let it rot. Thanks
Old 08-16-2015, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 376 Likes on 321 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Al right so any how guys.....lets see what we as forum members can do. FIRST> Do a leak down test and a wet and dry compression test just so you have an idea of what your going for.I would also use a bore scope and take a look in side. Having as much information as you can going in "prepares" you for whats to come and that will help you "mentally" if you know what I mean.
Pull the engine and inspect the cylinder. It could very well be that the rings have lost there tension....and that would be fantastic because it would be an easy...sort of...fix. Remember this....if it hase not been smoking and this problem has been going on for a long time I would think the cylinder wall is not trashed or it would have been showing some very bad signs.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:06 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by SICAMG
Al right so any how guys.....lets see what we as forum members can do. FIRST> Do a leak down test and a wet and dry compression test just so you have an idea of what your going for.I would also use a bore scope and take a look in side. Having as much information as you can going in "prepares" you for whats to come and that will help you "mentally" if you know what I mean.
Pull the engine and inspect the cylinder. It could very well be that the rings have lost there tension....and that would be fantastic because it would be an easy...sort of...fix. Remember this....if it hase not been smoking and this problem has been going on for a long time I would think the cylinder wall is not trashed or it would have been showing some very bad signs.
I did a compression test yesterday and was at 75psi. We installed the gauge on cylinder 5 (easy to reach) and was at 160psi to verify. Also on cylinder number one with same numbers. Put it back on cylinder 8 to check again and would go only to 75psi.. The plugs aren't looking to good compared to the other ones I had pulled out. Got the check engine light again for misfire on 8... The miss has gotten worse. i had replaced plugs a few days ago and also installed stock injectors back in. I also swapped coil pack 8 with 7 just to rule out the pack. But at this point knowing about the low compression it's a dead give away that something is hurt. Either way motor will need to come out. My wife is due any minute. As a matter a fact as I'm writing this she thinks she feels contractions! The first few months of having a baby is draining finiaclly so I think I'm better off selling it. Don't know just really bummed out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally found the stutter