Radiator Fan on moments after car shut off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 10:21 AM
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
mgLipGD
Radiator Fan on moments after car shut off

Hi guys, As you may know i put up a thread of the AUX fan / radiator fan (Thermo fan) replacement with the BMW E60 one.

This issue i am asking about existed prior to changing the fan with the E60 one.

Sometime when i power off the car the thermo fan (radiator fan) remains running for 5-10 minutes.

What i find interesting is that after a few minutes after shutting down the car and while the fan is still running , if i insert the key and put it in position 2 then fan switches off.

Its quite strange. its like as if the temp sensor is re powered when the key is reinserted and then tells the fan to power off?

Another strange thing is, while i was performing the Euro charged flash tune, the fan never switched on? it clearly states that the AUX fan will power on during the flashing process.

The final strange thing is, i tried to change the Radiator Fan speed on the AC hidden menu but that did nothing. i set Option 10 to values ranging from 66-99 and the fan did not change in RPM

Anyone has insight on this issue? is it a bad temp sensor? anyone know where to locate this temp sensor?

Regards,
Old 08-23-2015, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E55
My old E60 M5's fan would run for a few minutes after shutting the car off. Maybe the control is still active in the fan? I wish the OEM MB fan would keep running to help cool things off after a hard run.