Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 09:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
benz cla200
Very beautiful and cool!
Old 11-11-2023, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
I happened to stumble upon this thread from years ago, and remember when I was entertaining the thought of purchasing an E55 Kompressor. Very impressive, reliable, and fun vehicles even compared to today's standards. I suppose I fed my HP and TQ bug with a W221 S600 biturbo, and an '87 Buick Grand National, however I still love the instant torque of the Kompressor. I few years ago, I actually had an opportunity to service and sort out some electronic issues on the last M113k platform I would have considered - a 2004 S55 AMG. After driving this vehicle for the purposes of servicing it, and having never had seat time in one previously, I was overwhelmed how much of a pleasure it was to drive. I sorted out the issues with it, and didn't not want to give it back! I made the owner an offer on it and long story short it is sitting with the S600 and the Grand National. With very low mileage (NOT!) the S55 had a bit over 280k miles, had normal oil consumption (nothing excessive at all), and a few options such as Distronic. Cold A/C, excellent leather interior with little signs of wear, and it was my first W220 which left an impression on my with how smooth the ride and the ABC was. It has had two owners, dealer services, no rust, and runs very strong. I don't know what modifications were done previously, but none are obvious (no pulley, killer chiller, etc. and it seems to have been a daily driver since new. The exhaust I feel sure has been opened up but converters are intact. It is a car I don't mind to hop in at any time and drive and don't mind to put miles on it. It looks nice in cubanite silver, and is such a joy to drive on short trips or on long journeys. The M113k, like the N/A M113 is a phenomenal mill, and this car shows it. Hammering the gas and the kompressor will pin you against the seat with the triangle flashing! I honestly would have never given this car a second thought had I not driven it, as being the owner of two W210 E55s when they were new, I had my sights set on the W211. The W220 opened up my options and I could not be happier. Not taking anything away from the W211 as they are still excellent cars and I still want one, I would encourage anyone that has not had the opportunity to drive a W220 Kompressor to do so. I think you will be impressed!