Full Bolt Ons E63 Dyno Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
Full Bolt Ons E63 Dyno Update

Edit: The Dyno Dynamics is set up to read like a Dyno Jet using the temperature correction. These are Dyno Jet numbers you are looking at.

So I went back to the dyno and this time I used a wideband. I should say I tried to use one. The sniffer wouldn't properly fit in the exhaust so I'm basically in the same position I was in before. The R.O.W. airbox lids make 0 more horsepower. THE TUNE IS NOT MAKING THE CAR THAT RICH. IT IS A WIDEBAND NOT READING CORRECTLY.

At 5400 rpm the AFR was 12.3 I do not know if it will continue trending downwards. This was also after 200 cell metal cats so the afr is slightly skewed. My goal was get a full pull in and send the file to Jerry to see if he felt it could be leaned out more, but that won't be able to happen until I weld a bung in.

I will need to weld a bung in the collector and data log my afr. A bone stock CLS63 made 405 whp and 377 lbs ft. My car with full bolt ons and a healthy engine made 430 whp and 414 lbs ft. My car has tune only power, if that.

The last graph is of my friends S600 with intakes, ecu/tcu tune, methanol, and some exhaust work done. Check out that torque.

My car with mods in sig

Bone Stock CLS 63

S600

Last edited by layzie12g; 09-28-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
M3
Man you gotta get this figured out, my car made more than that FBO and untuned.

Will be getting back on the dyno next month with spray hopefully.

Keep us updated.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
If the afr keeps trending downward there is a lot of power I'm leaving on the table. It is a Eurocharged box tune, which I know need to be safe. Without me being able to properly log the AFR, the tuner has nothing to go off of. I'm out of town this week, but this coming weekend I'm getting a bung welded in and going to get a full pull with the afr logged.

I was super frustrated at first, but am over it now and just need to spend the time to get it worked out. I think after the tune is leaned out, I'll be looking good.