W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Defective Stop Vehicle CAN I DRIVE TO WORKSHOP???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
Brake Defective Stop Vehicle CAN I DRIVE TO WORKSHOP???

Hey guys..

This is stupid but my brakes are all gone I got time tomorrow for front brakes replacement but yesterday drove to do final polish I know my brakes are **** and need replacement.
Trunk battery NEW 3 weeks old
Generator NEW 1½ months old

Drove home all went fine went past shop when came out to start car no problems then I drive after 5 min REED BATTERY WARNING shut down bla bla written with white letters so I am like damn temp has dropped surely is getting colder I bought the car 3 months ago they told me battery is changed and looks all new to but
measure with voltmeter for some reason I cant get the battery to show on dashboard at all anyway measured shows = 11.56 Volt no change with car started
AUX Battery shows 10.59 volt same no change with car started...

then suddenly I get the brake defective STOP vehicle I can still start and drive apparently didn't do just switched of and let it rest, checked all terminals all is good..

What you think can I drive to workshop like this 25 min drive highway most the way.. but is making beep beep beep and nothing else want to show on dash oh man,, is it to dangerous ?
I hope it doesn't die on the way lol weird is the batteries shows the exact same yesterday no drop in voltage during night or when started
Old 10-06-2015, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by CLK_350_Coupe
Hey guys..

This is stupid but my brakes are all gone I got time tomorrow for front brakes replacement but yesterday drove to do final polish I know my brakes are **** and need replacement.
Trunk battery NEW 3 weeks old
Generator NEW 1½ months old

Drove home all went fine went past shop when came out to start car no problems then I drive after 5 min REED BATTERY WARNING shut down bla bla written with white letters so I am like damn temp has dropped surely is getting colder I bought the car 3 months ago they told me battery is changed and looks all new to but
measure with voltmeter for some reason I cant get the battery to show on dashboard at all anyway measured shows = 11.56 Volt no change with car started
AUX Battery shows 10.59 volt same no change with car started...

then suddenly I get the brake defective STOP vehicle I can still start and drive apparently didn't do just switched of and let it rest, checked all terminals all is good..

What you think can I drive to workshop like this 25 min drive highway most the way.. but is making beep beep beep and nothing else want to show on dash oh man,, is it to dangerous ?
I hope it doesn't die on the way lol weird is the batteries shows the exact same yesterday no drop in voltage during night or when started
Preventative maintenance does not mean waiting until the wheels are falling off before doing normal maintenance. These cars have electric brakes. If you lose main battery and aux battery power you have no brakes. These are $100,000.00+ (aging) automobiles and you best have the financial wherewithal to properly maintain it. Put it on a flatbed and take it to a reliable repair facility.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
This sounds like a possible Darwin award.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
This sounds like a possible Darwin award.
Yumping Yimminey!

Perhaps another JATO bottle in the trunk?
Old 10-06-2015, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E55
Tow it. It's cheaper than an accident and you won't risk other lives driving a 4,400lbs chunk of metal with little to no brakes.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:33 AM

E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
Originally Posted by AgSilver
Preventative maintenance does not mean waiting until the wheels are falling off before doing normal maintenance. These cars have electric brakes. If you lose main battery and aux battery power you have no brakes. These are $100,000.00+ (aging) automobiles and you best have the financial wherewithal to properly maintain it. Put it on a flatbed and take it to a reliable repair facility.
Hey

Thanks but just to summon up. I bought this car 2,5 weeks ago and naturally went to MB AMG centret for check the car and was here I found out front brakes need replace rotors + pads unfortunately their schedule was fully booked until Monday so had to wait of course I know that been driving since my 14 year birthday I'm 40 and precious CLK Owner I know. But the Alternator batt happen as described out of the blue I'm not sure if u read before answering?
Anyway it turned out the Alternator was a frk China Made installed one how stupid and totally burned out all is good now
New brakes front
New alternator / batteries

I know now there is a reason why is red the car died on the way called tow truck and we'll learned it the hard way..
Anyway I understand now having WIS is as valuable when driving the AMG as any other model.
Thanks for the input but I suggest reading before answering. Or just answer yes / no is more than enough

Trust me got the financial am not a little child
Old 10-07-2015, 06:37 AM

Well not sure what to say!
Anyway guess wiss really is the most valuable resource. Sadly enough..
There are no stupid quistion only stupid answers I must add in my 5 years here lol