Sponsored by:

A/C does not blow any cold air at all

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 06:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
A/C does not blow any cold air at all

I did my search and could not find anyone with a similar problem. I have read many of you had problems with the a/c not cooling fast enough or not getting cold enough. I would not mind waiting the minute for my a/c to get cool however all of a sudden my a/c does not work at all. I get no cold air at all, as a matter of fact, I would say its warm air. I know that adding r-134 is not safe unless we know the exact pressure in the system. Would it be safe to add just 1/4 can of the r-134 to see if that works? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS how did all the members in this forum become so knowledgeable on our cars?
Old 10-12-2015, 05:03 PM

2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
There's a low pressure hose that you might need to replace. There is an open TSB stating that this particular hose collapses on itself and does not allow the flow of freon. Its like $150 from the dealer, I purchased one and never got a chance to install it (sold the car). Its sitting in my garage, never used if that's the issue with yours.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Have your pressure tested and see if it's missing freon, if all is well then it's most probably your ac compressor. Its a common part that fails
Old 10-14-2015, 12:05 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks for the help once again guys, i dont know what i would do without this forum. What is the correct pressure? I am assuming i can use the pressure gauge that attaches to the can of r134.

One other thing, i thought for TSB you didnt have to pay out of pocket, but if adding freon doesnt work, then im looking at 150 for a new hose. Anyone have a DIY on the installation for this hose
Old 10-14-2015, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
If the compressor is not working adding freon won't make a difference. Check to see if the compressor is working.