W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Radio won't turn on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2015 | 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05' E55 Wagon, 18' S90 T6, 00' M5, 19' F150
Radio won't turn on

I wired in a concealed Sirius module into the ashtray a few nights ago and it worked perfectly. I drove the car around yesterday and everything worked properly. I pulled it out of the garage today and the radio worked and then shut off. I turned it back on and it was fine. I parked the car and left the lights on for a few minutes (no more than 4 minutes while I was picking my son up at school). When I got back in the radio just cycles through the AMG Logo screen, but never turns on. I have no nav on the instrument cluster either.

I looked at the radio related fuses next to the drivers side door and nothing looked blown.

This guy seemed to have the exact same issue caused by the same event, but disconnecting my battery for 5-10 minutes hasn't helped. I have tried that three times.
"I noticed if I turn the fog light/parking light/auto head lamp switch on & forget to turn it off for a few minutes after the car is off, it screws up the COMAND. Every time I leave the switch on when the car is off, the comand starts to act strange & produce all the symptoms I had described in the earlier part of this thread. When this happens just disco the battery, do all the factory resets & its back to new again."

Any ideas where else I can look?
Old 11-05-2015 | 08:26 PM

Also, the button to open my storage compartment/ cd changer area is not operating. Everything else on that panel is working.

I took out the ashtray, storage, and radio to see if something looked out of sorts and it all looks fine.

My battery voltage is at 13.7 at idle right now.
Old 11-05-2015 | 10:36 PM

Problem Solved!

I guess the MOST ring worked its way out of the Mobridge Bluetooth module we have buried above the hood release and below the steering column. I never even thought to check in that area.