W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Purchase of 2003 e55 - 96k; ? Needed items to bring up to date???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Possible Purchase of 2003 e55 - 96k; ? Needed items to bring up to date???

Hello Guys,

As most of you know I have had x2 E63's an 07' and a 08' took both to 100k miles and both were rock solid cars save the conductor plate issue on both. I loved them. Thinking about grabbing a 2003 E55 w/96k miles silver with a Black and Merlot OEM interior that is in mint condition. Do wonder what you guys think value might be?

1. Can we possibly get a list going of what members THINK should be done to the car to bring it up to date electronically; not sure if it has anything to work with phones, and know it doesn't have Sirrus.

2. Probably will keep stock, want to preserve its life as much as possible, but do know about exhaust, pulleys, breathing and ECU mods already.

Possibly purchasing for a daily driver so funds can move to something that I might want to keep for 30yrs so would like to keep it livable and keep up with creature comforts. I bought a 2013 E350 4 matic for this purpose, however it feels so underpowered and honestly I don't like the body style and the interior feels weird. Cant put my thumb on it, but I think the w211 style still looks the absolute best of all them. I do like the dash and center console of the new ones though.

IF you guys can help that would be great, I didnt create this so I don't have to search, just so something can be specifically listed in one thread on these earlier models.

Thanks - Sheriffdep

Last edited by SheriffDep; 11-08-2015 at 01:38 PM.