W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Urgent help needed during reflash tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2016 | 03:41 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
04 E55
Urgent help needed during reflash tune

Hi all, just attempted a reflash to update my car for my headers. Got the new file from Jerry and upload went fine but when it finished it said it had problems and recommended a re-attempt. So I went for the re attempt and it said the ecu was in recovery mode and said to attempt a factory stock re tune. That is in process. If that fails. What options have I got?
Old 01-07-2016 | 05:19 AM

04 E55
Problem resolved.

In case anyone ever needs this thread.

It is apparently 'normal' and 'fine' to see the error message displayed saying something like 'tune was loaded successfully but some packets failed, don't turn off the key or car will brick the ECU'. As long as the car ACTUALLY got to 100% of the load and the main software page says down the bottom 'load complete (or successful unsure on exact wording)' then you are fine to key off and start the car.

Caveat! If your car dies, I am merely passing on info which I received, which worked and was as quoted by the EC tuners.

Last edited by sexyxe; 01-07-2016 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Info:
Old 01-08-2016 | 05:25 AM

04 E55
And a related problem...

Open EC program, it gathers my cars info, including VIN.

Go to the data logging section. Green for hardware and connection, so I press start logging, and then the program says it can no longer find my VIN.

So I check the general info tab again, VIN is still there. I tried opening and closing the program a few times, keying on and off.

Any ideas? Not much really online about this problem. Mostly just the reflash issues.
Old 01-08-2016 | 07:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'06 E55
If I remember you still have to select your file that was email to you to get the logging to work.
Old 01-08-2016 | 09:45 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by 1970gsx
If I remember you still have to select your file that was email to you to get the logging to work.
Yes sir.

Jut came back to update. Jerry is incredible with his replies. I'm 12h out of sync but he replies each night without fail. A solid legend.

That statement is correct, still need to select the tune file, but no need to re load it. Then the logging works fine.