Sponsored by:

Springfield, NJ - help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 E350
Springfield, NJ - help

Any AMG owners/Mercedes techs near Springfield, NJ ?

I'm purchasing an 08 E63 but I live in So Cal. The car goes for PPI on Friday to Ray Catena Union MB dealer on RTE 22 but it would be great to have a local set of eyes on it.

I'd be willing to compensate for your time. Maybe look the car over, get some photos of the key areas I need to be concerned with in regards to this model AMG that might get missed in a generic PPI.

Please pm me if you can help. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:48 PM

2008 E350
Originally Posted by BRGR TME
Any AMG owners/Mercedes techs near Springfield, NJ ?

I'm purchasing an 08 E63 but I live in So Cal. The car goes for PPI on Friday to Ray Catena Union MB dealer on RTE 22 but it would be great to have a local set of eyes on it.

I'd be willing to compensate for your time. Maybe look the car over, get some photos of the key areas I need to be concerned with in regards to this model AMG that might get missed in a generic PPI.

Please pm me if you can help. Thanks.
Anyone? It's not a big deal if nobody can help, I just was hoping to get a non-biased opinion on the car before I buy it based only on PPI.

Dealer is doing PPI on Friday and I have a pending contract.

Car is 2008 E63 with 26,789 miles. Carfax seems to check out and the few pictures I do have look good.

I'll wait and see how the PPI reads but honestly I don't expect any negative feedback based on mileage so that's why I'd really like to have someone "on my side" look at the car locally.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:54 PM

2008 E350

Old 01-13-2016, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 290 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Why are you buying an east coast car? And New Jersey to boot....ooboy!! I am in CT so canit help.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:40 AM

2008 E350
Originally Posted by SICAMG
Why are you buying an east coast car? And New Jersey to boot....ooboy!! I am in CT so canit help.
Car only has 26,789 miles on it. Low mileage is a huge selling point considering people are asking same price for cars with double the mileage.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Current 2014 Maserati Quattroporte and 2017 GLE 63 AMG retired 2007 E63 AMG
hey

will it still be at the dealer saturday?
i live in the city but have a thing in Jersey saturday afternoon and will be passing close by.
someone went and scoped out my e63 for me in Cali while i was still still on the east coast 5 years ago so i kinda owe this to the AMG community.

lemme know
Old 01-13-2016, 04:34 PM

2008 E350
Originally Posted by firstbenzforme
will it still be at the dealer saturday?
i live in the city but have a thing in Jersey saturday afternoon and will be passing close by.
someone went and scoped out my e63 for me in Cali while i was still still on the east coast 5 years ago so i kinda owe this to the AMG community.

lemme know
Sort of. Its going in Friday for PPI. I assume it wont take all day, then it will go back to the BMW dealer (that's who I am buying from) down the road about 2 miles. BMW of Springfield.

It would be great if someone could/would view it personally to get a non-biased opinion of condition etc. There wouldn't be any thing against you, just one guy doing another guy a favor.

The inspection will highlight all the things they test, but nothing else really. I mean, it won't specify little things, loose parts/mild scratches or whatever. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm getting in the PPI that's $135?!?! so any bit helps. I was surprised at the PPI cost, I tried to have a PPI done locally on a Volvo and they wanted $365. Si I am concerned this PPI is really just a glossign over the key things, brakes, engine runs, oil levels etc. I was hoping for a real in depth look by a third party, likesit in the seat, check all the buttons, sunroof, trunk, fold down seats, etc.

It would be greatly appreciated and I can compensate you for your time.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:34 PM

Post nah

Originally Posted by SICAMG

It's definitely worth the look. There's a lot of money in NJ and it could have been a garage queen. Plus there's so many MB dealerships and auto auction houses close by millions of cars pass through.. he might get lucky and find a unicorn.
Of course it is more likely to have last belonged to a 19 year old drug dealer in queens who tore it up and down the west side on Fridays and slammed into every pothole, crack, and curb while driving high as a kite.
But let's hope for the former. HA
Old 01-13-2016, 04:42 PM

2008 E350
It's definitely worth the look. There's a lot of money in NJ and it could have been a garage queen. Plus there's so many MB dealerships and auto auction houses close by millions of cars pass through.. he might get lucky and find a unicorn.
Of course it is more likely to have last belonged to a 19 year old drug dealer in queens who tore it up and down the west side on Fridays and slammed into every pothole, crack, and curb while driving high as a kite.
But let's hope for the former. HA

Yeah, I hear you. I feel like its the former, it was locally purchased and maintained at same dealer. It was a trade-in car on a new BMW just down the street from the dealer it was purchased from and maintained at.

The carfax also is in line with a 2 year lease beginning at 12/07 and VERY low mileage and the 2nd owner (8/10 as CPO) who had it for ~22k miles. All services performed at Ray Catena in Springfield by both owners.

Then turned in on trade in at BMW in 12/15. No auction history listed. GOOD for me.

I have a link to the Carfax if anyone is interested.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:48 PM

cool.

Originally Posted by BRGR TME
Sort of. Its going in Friday for PPI. I assume it wont take all day, then it will go back to the BMW dealer (that's who I am buying from) down the road about 2 miles. BMW of Springfield.

It would be great if someone could/would view it personally to get a non-biased opinion of condition etc. There wouldn't be any thing against you, just one guy doing another guy a favor.

The inspection will highlight all the things they test, but nothing else really. I mean, it won't specify little things, loose parts/mild scratches or whatever. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm getting in the PPI that's $135?!?! so any bit helps. I was surprised at the PPI cost, I tried to have a PPI done locally on a Volvo and they wanted $365. Si I am concerned this PPI is really just a glossign over the key things, brakes, engine runs, oil levels etc. I was hoping for a real in depth look by a third party, likesit in the seat, check all the buttons, sunroof, trunk, fold down seats, etc.

It would be greatly appreciated and I can compensate you for your time.
Cool. No promises but I will try. I am hitching a ride with a friend this time so i don't have total freedom. But i doubt he would mind stopping for 10 minutes.
$100+ is standard for the PPI. $365 is insane.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:58 PM

2008 E350
Cool. No promises but I will try. I am hitching a ride with a friend this time so i don't have total freedom. But i doubt he would mind stopping for 10 minutes.
$100+ is standard for the PPI. $365 is insane.
Thanks. I'll private message you here if anything changes. But I don't expect it will.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Alfa Giulia gone, 2004 e55 amg gone,2014 E550 coupe white,2010 E550 coupe white, 2018 giulia ti
just sent you a private message
Old 01-16-2016, 07:58 PM

2008 E350
UPDATE:

2008 E63, 268xx miles (yes, accurate), black. New Jersey.

Sad to say I passed on the car. Dealer refused to make two repairs discovered during PPI and highlighted by e55amg00 (thanks Harold!!).

The car needed new brakes and possibly rotors, as well as a significant oil leak at the pan. I have yet to see the report I paid for, from either dealer, the one that I paid to inspect or the one selling, but the dealer selling refused to repair and I cannot buy a car with a significant oil leak that will just be my problem.

Yes, VERY low mileage but no benefit if the car was driven hard. Selling dealer also minimized the ruined front air dam from scrapes, telling me all cars, especially MB have those scrapes.

Anyway, car isn't for me so I passed. Someone else will get a great condition otherwise, low mileage E63. Just needs leaky engine fixed, a front end paint job and new brakes.

I'm really bummed but still looking for the right AMG.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
05 E55, 06 Audi S4
Get a 55k instead
Old 01-16-2016, 11:13 PM

2008 E350
Originally Posted by forcefed4door
Get a 55k instead
I thought E55 ended in 06 ?

I'm not a fan of 2007 and earlier W211's. Just personal preference. Unless a really good white or silver 09 E63 comes up, I've decided to wait and scope out some '14 AMG S models.