Some interesting findings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Some interesting findings

So here is something I did not know while testing out my return fuel system set up. I have an LED light that comes on when the inter cooler pump is on. This way I know that it is indeed on when I am beating on it. It will never turn on unless I tip into the throttle more than 25%. Then I realized that it will always shut off when the engine returns to idle. Now when the pump is on the supercharger is engaged and on the highway it will never turn off unless the engine comes back to idle. This can be done by putting it in neutral and than back to drive...supercharger shuts off. Around town it will turn off every time the engine comes down to idle. I can verify this by the whistle sound it makes ever since my custom intake was installed.."supercharger screams"!!!! So anyway thought I would pass this along because all this time I am thinking the blower stays off always until needed.

Last edited by SICAMG; 02-08-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
Could re-wire the pump relay that's in the rear SAM, so the pump is on when accessories are on.

Some have said the ECU can be tuned so the pump is always on (especially since the early E55 software had the pump running much more often), but it appears nobody can do this yet.