Sponsored by:

Top Engine Cleaning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Top Engine Cleaning

Never knew about this until today. Anyone try this?

Old 02-12-2016, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Similar to SeaFoaming from what I gather.

I have used SeaFoam on my 1990 BMW 325is (E30) to great effect, basically you suck the stuff in through a vacuum hose (I use the brake assist like the gentleman in the video) and let it sit. While it's in there it breaks down carbon deposits in the head, intake manifold and rest of the combustion chamber.

After it sits you drive the car hard to 'burn' off the SeaFoam and the carbon that it removed. Smoke billows out the exhaust and it smells pretty bad.

I also removed throttle body from the car and cleaned that sucker, which probably helped a lot as well. In addition, after the SeaFoam I changed plugs as I was weary of what the SeaFoam may have done to them.

Afterwards I noticed better fuel economy (calculated 2MPG overall) and better throttle response and power (might be placebo)

Don't think I am going to do this to my E55 though, I run nothing but Chevron Techron 91 (best we get here in CA) through it which helps.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Thanks eightyseven. I'm thinking about doing this to my E55 since it was sitting for over a year before I got it. Only thing is I couldn't find a usable vacuum line other than a small one to the rear of the supercharger near the throttle body. Anyone know which vacuum line would be ideal to use?