Bulletproof.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 & E55, Porsche Cayenne
Bulletproof.

Hey guys,

based on my limited knowledge, the question is if I want to bulletproof the engine on my E55 to run a weistec supercharger, if I did the usual suspects, pistons rods, bolts head studs etc, would this be enough or should I sleeve the block.

Going to be running 82mm tb, split cooling, ported heads, cams, long tube headers, no cats no resonators. Weistec air intake. 550 cc injectors and looped fuel rail. Killer Chiller as well.

Custom dyno tune, once all together. running on 98 which I think is 95 ron based on my research on fuels here in UAE.

Currently just have the 180m CP LTH, exhaust 82mm TB and fabtech air intake with split cooling engine bay tank.

Reason I ask is I keep hearing that the Weistic 3L will kill a standard engine, which I have also personally seen on a G55 here in Dubai.

Cheers all.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 AMG E55
Originally Posted by kiwikid10
Hey guys,

based on my limited knowledge, the question is if I want to bulletproof the engine on my E55 to run a weistec supercharger, if I did the usual suspects, pistons rods, bolts head studs etc, would this be enough or should I sleeve the block.

Going to be running 82mm tb, split cooling, ported heads, cams, long tube headers, no cats no resonators. Weistec air intake. 550 cc injectors and looped fuel rail. Killer Chiller as well.

Custom dyno tune, once all together. running on 98 which I think is 95 ron based on my research on fuels here in UAE.

Currently just have the 180m CP LTH, exhaust 82mm TB and fabtech air intake with split cooling engine bay tank.

Reason I ask is I keep hearing that the Weistic 3L will kill a standard engine, which I have also personally seen on a G55 here in Dubai.

Cheers all.
To "Bulletproof" it comes down to the tune. I guess money no object and a true margin of safety custom tune at a lower octane then you could be running while driving. IE tune on 91 if you have access to 93-94. as long as you don't knock or have a knock event you should have a reliable set up.

I think if you are wondering the limitations of Rods Block and Pistons your at the point of running race gas all the time and in the 600+ whp range. So get there and tell us when you break things? On race gas I think 600+whp would be within it's range of limitations.