W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disconnected battery, now no heat; climate control reset?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 10:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Disconnected battery, now no heat; climate control reset?

I disconnected my battery to have it tested. I put it back in but there's no heat coming from the climate control now, it just blow cold air. AC blows cold fine just no heat with or without the AC REST. I've disconnected/replaced it before but never had this problem.

Is there a reset procedure for the climate control that I need to do?

Wondering if this is just an odd coincidence that it happened when I disconnected the battery. Thanks in advance! Btw, I did the steering and window resets with no issues.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2007 E63
I feel ya! I switched out my battery and now my sunroof won't work and I've reset that before and it worked fine the first 3 times I did it....weird I know! Try to disconnect again and leave it disconnected for 30 mins and try it again? That's what I'll be doing this weekend Good luck!
Old 03-16-2016, 10:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I was able to get it working, just turned the heat on/off a bunch of times and it worked. Thinking the valve was stuck close so just re-trying it was able to open it back up again.

Your sunroof won't move at all? When I reset mine, it wouldn't move at all on the first couple of presses but after that it barely moved until I could open it up completely and reset.