Sponsored by:

Airmatic problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Airmatic problem

Had the "Airmatic' visit sign come up awhile back, so I put on a scanner & it said to slow to build pressure & the pressure in tank was 6.20, decided to fit a new piston ring & new filter. Put back onto the car & then it would not release the air, it was on stilts. So I took it apart again & cleaned the Solenoid that controls the release valve , both springs etc ,all looked OK , put it back together & it read 13.2bar but after a week it gave same "Visit Workshop" message . It was also showing 5.80 in the tank, Put it back on scanner & hit the wrong button & released the air from tank ......So now it will not build up & the car is down all around but I feel the pump is fine, sprayed soapy water & no leaks, looked at all wiring all good ?
So I took of the 4mm nylon hose that lead from the compressor to the valve block & fitted a air pump to it, the pump has a 6 bar dial & it went on past that twice...nothing, no air hissing out, no car rising , no more pressure in tank, Oh I realised after that when I did this the two electrical connections to the pump were disconnected but the drivers door was open ? So , I was going to order a new pump but now I am not so sure...anyone ever heard of this ,sounds like a blockage ?
Old 04-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Try to source a Star DAS unit and with that you can inflate each strut and the central reservoir
Old 04-06-2016, 03:19 PM

E55
The scanner I have can do this ...but it wont inflate anything only deflate?
I have been poking around & I have come to the conclusion that its the airblock/valves playing up, the reason being is when I try to inflate then undo the 4 mm pipe from compressor to valve block all the air hiss's out until the resivour says 00.0 pressure! Plus when I tried to inflate with the independant pump wit this system on it stormed up to 6 bar but would not go past the valves/solenoids, so is I may take it off & see if the wiring to the block & main release valve is Ok & then see if the solenoids are clicking, they might be sticking? If its not the wiring then I'll have to find something to pour in & let it soak to release the valves...
Old 04-18-2016, 06:18 AM

E55
Just a follow up as so many cure the problem & do not post, may help others.
Replaced Airmatic pump & ran cleaner through valve block, all back as it should be ,pressure in tank set to 13.2 bar. I used Delphi 150E sets all pressure or deflates each strut separately...much cheaper than Star.
The following users liked this post:
Minty Fresh (04-18-2016)