W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front wheel bearings. Whats the best/Easiest way?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 03:35 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
e55 amg
Front wheel bearings. Whats the best/Easiest way?

Already looked up at how replacing the hub assembly itself is done. But I keep checking up on threads where people are replacing the seals/races themselves and goofing. I have a bad passenger side bearing (little noise, slight play, car is lowered with higher miles). Im also doing pads and rotors, and figured I mind as well do the driver side as well.

I just can't really get a good idea if I should snag some hubs and toss them in, or just swap out the bearings? I also have no idea where to obtain the parts. If someone has an idea that would be great.

I keep seeing people end up with assemblies that have the incorrect magnetic seal and its giving people a bunch of esp/abs codes.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2016, 05:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
The quickest without the tools is replacing the hubs-----if you have the tools and experience purchase the parts using MB EPC as a guide,else you will join the whiners!!
Old 04-11-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
e55 amg
Well, we usually snag most of our parts from ECS tuning. In the replacement part guides on here, it lists an inner and out bearing, along with the correct magnetic seal.

On ecs though, its only giving me parts for the inner, and not the outer. Simply using ecs as a reference because the links inside the Parts thread have expired.

I will have to check the guide you listed above and see what I can come up with. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211 E55
I ma still have a set of bearings and races but only for the one side.