Sponsored by:

Where in the hell is Evosport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where in the hell is Evosport?

I was in the area of HB past 7PM so I decided to find Evosport (thought I'd give this prominent shop in this forum a visit). I had their address as 15608 Graham St, so I decided to cruise by the address. I went back and forth for about half-an-hour, couldn't find it (I was looking for an Evosport sign).

When I got to the place, all I saw at this exact location was a Ford garage, with a small Evosport sign on the window (I will try to post a picture of the store facade if I can figure out how to work this camera).

My impression of Evosport was a decent size facility. I got the impression that the Ford shop owns the place, and Evosport was just a puny sign on the window.

Am I at the wrong place? Did Evosport move?

What's going on???
Old 03-04-2004, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
thats their shop... it USED to be the SHO shop.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:00 AM
Guest0001

The place is a shack
Old 03-04-2004, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
.......I discovered this a while back. Evosport is mostly an internet phenomenon. They have done very well in using the power of the internet to create the illusion of a big garage. This not to say that good work cannot be done in a small rented shop. But they are definitely not like Brabus or Renntech or MBautowerks. This explains the whole iddue of the telephone system........when I and many others were confused as tio why such a BIG shop did not have a receptionist to to answer customer enquiries. Now we know.

Ted
Old 03-04-2004, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The SHO shop is owned by Vadim, who also is an owner in Evosport. The garage is not that big, but big enough to have a dyno and enough room for a few cars. They don't need a huge physical space for tuning yet, however, I know they have been looking for a bigger space for the past year. Their sales/corporate office is run out of a different facility, not the one in HB.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Here are some pics of our facility:

You can see more here:
http://www.evosport.com/service.html

We have a 5500 sq. ft. facility, in which we have a fuly functioning dyno, engine clean room, R&D facility and offices. We are looking to move to a larger facility, but as some might know real estate in SoCal is EXTREMELY expensive and frankly, that money is better spent on R&D and tools/training/etc. Don't read a book by the cover!

BTW, I was here at that time, you should have stopped in and said hellow. We currently have 2 Kleemann S/C installations going as well as 3 Race Car motor-builds and aftermarket ECU installations (Motec and AEM). Lot's of really cool cars in here right now. Feel free to come by today if you would like. In fact, we usually have some SPEED World Challenge PROFESSIONAL race cars in here to that we build/maintain/race. We also have 3 Magazine project cars here currently.

But Ted is right, we are just an internet phenomenon! Cuz PRO race cars (which neither MBAutoworks or RENNTech have ever had ANY success with, BTW) and magazine cars come out of cyber-space! LOL. Of course that is how we started, but we have grown, and continue ot each and every day.

BTW - we will NEVER have a receptionist - total waste of money! We did hire another engineer lately though - much better investment.

Thanks

Brad
Old 03-04-2004, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally posted by Sleestack
The SHO shop is owned by Vadim, who also is an owner in Evosport. The garage is not that big, but big enough to have a dyno and enough room for a few cars. They don't need a huge physical space for tuning yet, however, I know they have been looking for a bigger space for the past year. Their sales/corporate office is run out of a different facility, not the one in HB.
Richard - not anymore. We totally remodeled the shop and we are ALL here now! Space is MUCH more efficient! You will see soon!

Thanks

Brad

Trending Topics

Old 03-04-2004, 01:37 PM

race car
Ted,
I am new here and don't understand your reason for bad mouthing EvoSport. I have seen some of there work and am totally impressed. As for your comment on size, just ask your wife or girlfriend "Size doesn't matter" When attacks or comments are made about good people and a good company it upsets me. Thanks.

Bobby Carter
Old 03-04-2004, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by otoupalik
Richard - not anymore. We totally remodeled the shop and we are ALL here now! Space is MUCH more efficient! You will see soon!

Thanks

Brad
Cool. Just keep Ben away from my car. I don't want him getting any funny ideas.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HHhmmm that place looks familiar... Hey Brad got some nos for me? Getting antsy here!
Old 03-04-2004, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Founder

NOS - sure. Gary has done some super trick NOS set-ups. In fact, we have a 355 coming from the east coast later this year for a "fast and the furious" set-up most likely.

Thanks

Brad

PS - thanks for the support to those that speak from reality, not just speculation and rumor!
Old 03-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Out Of Control!

Sorry my bad. I meant "numbers" for me? Ben knows what i'm talkin about!
Old 03-04-2004, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Jam, NOS Huh? Why stop there?

I know where you can get a Pratt & Whitney Jet Fighter Turbofan engine complete with afterburner. It was used during Vietnam, but should fit your next E55 project quite nicely. Look for a local source for JP4 jet fuel and you will have the fastest E55 on the planet, err, the universe!
Old 03-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Out Of Control!

Hey Kevin Actually trying to set a world record by fitting in two twin turbojet engines so hopefully it'll go well....
Old 03-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool. Just keep Ben away from my car. I don't want him getting any funny ideas.
Lol Richard! Being near your car each day has made me decide to go for round 2!
Old 03-06-2004, 01:00 AM
Banned

Thanks for the clarification, but its still a blur.

So which shop holds the actual lease to the facility - Evosport or SHO Shop - or are they piggy-backed to each other?