Sponsored by:

loud squealing while braking- help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
porsche
loud squealing while braking- help

this problem has frustrated me especially since we are coming to summer time and i roll the windows down and can hear the squealing....apparently anytime i come to a standstill i hear a loud squealing noise, it is especially apparent when im driving super slow and coming to a complete stop by lightly putting on the brakes. its also a VERY loud squeal when im turning into a parking stall and slowly braking to put the vehicle to a complete stop.

I am not getting any sort of brake pad warnings on my dash and i believe i still have around 4mm on the front 6mm on the back or something to that effect. Could it be the rotors? or a different issue you guys have encountered.

I noticed when i clean the wheels after a carwash the squealing isnt as bad but its still apparent.

Any help on this is appreciated thanks.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:15 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by benznewcomer
this problem has frustrated me especially since we are coming to summer time and i roll the windows down and can hear the squealing....apparently anytime i come to a standstill i hear a loud squealing noise, it is especially apparent when im driving super slow and coming to a complete stop by lightly putting on the brakes. its also a VERY loud squeal when im turning into a parking stall and slowly braking to put the vehicle to a complete stop.

I am not getting any sort of brake pad warnings on my dash and i believe i still have around 4mm on the front 6mm on the back or something to that effect. Could it be the rotors? or a different issue you guys have encountered.

I noticed when i clean the wheels after a carwash the squealing isnt as bad but its still apparent.

Any help on this is appreciated thanks.
Check for a lip on rotors. Replace with MB rotors/pads.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'06 E55
The squeal comes from where the back of the pad touches the caliper. Remove the pads and re-dress with disc brake dressing of your choice. I use hi temp bearing grease.

Last edited by 1970gsx; 05-07-2016 at 09:52 AM.