Sponsored by:

Manifold pressure? -Vibration issue- Lost, please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 09:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'05 E55, ‘00 ML55, ‘92 500E
Manifold pressure? -Vibration issue- Lost, please help

Hey all, I've been having a vibration issue lately that is not related to compromised engine or trans mounts. engine has a vibration at idle and it will shake the seat and steering wheel at 1200- 1800rpm. I've been trying to track this issue down or at least get an answer on where to look. Friend says torque converter feels okay in park and I just had MB put a new harmonic balancer on the other day to see if that was the issue. Dealer says the engine mounts and trans mount are all good, and no CEL is present. I did have a P0455 code a little while before but after taking the little valve off by the headlight and shaking it around, the code just disappeared. The fault code is still listed as "present" and not "stored" on my code reader also, the CEL is not illuminated.. Wtf?

I'm at a complete loss as to what is going on and highly doubt a rod is bent. I'm gonna try to take the car in this week for a cylinder balance test and a smoke test to see if there is a leak somewhere or a cylinder that has an issue but all of the info that I can grab from my buddies MAC scanner and my cheapo scanner say that everything is normal.

Our only question would be related to the intake manifold absolute pressure reading.. It measured at 9.6-10.0 inHg at idle. Is that normal for a 2005 E55?

Would anyone have the faintest idea of where to look for the issue? I had a MB shop foreman with 30yr's experience sit in my car and drive it just to tell me that he had no idea what the vibration was or how to even begin diagnosing it. He mentioned a bent rod but was skepticle of it. I'm not that hard on my car and doubt that I would have ingested enough water in the rain to warrant a bent rod.. HELP

Last edited by Bean93x; 05-07-2016 at 09:26 PM.