W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Just Purchased my dream w211 and had a question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 e55
Just Purchased my dream w211 and had a question

I sold my 2004 Silver w211 amg that i owned for 3 years completely stock for this 2005 alabaster white (lightly modded) w211 and i am completely in love

Now here is the problem, although i wouldn't call it a problem as this was no deturrent for me while considering buying this w211 but it is something i noticed and wanted some input from you guys.

The car was tuned and worked on by Buckhead Imports or something in Atlanta, they seem pretty good i looked them up and all of there customers seemed to be very very happy and they also have a couple e55s pushing 1000hp on YouTube they closed they're performance shop about 3 years ago though

Now the thing that concerned me was this e55 seemed to make only 5 more hp after the s\c pulley was added

The mods are Kleeman headers, Supercharger pulley (although i don't know what size, i called the shop and they simply dont know neither did the owner if i remeber correctly.. but he spent quite a bit of money taking care of her)

The car stock only made 376 at the wheels but i know different dynos read out differently

So 50whp over stock witch i guess is pretty good but what concerned me was the only 5 gp gain after the pulley what pulley size would only show a gain of 5hp?

What are the common gains after you added your sc pulley and what size was it?

So headers at 63k miles, johnson pump at 64k and pulley at 65k

Old 05-19-2016, 10:54 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
Congrats and welcome back. I recently bought another E55 and happened to want to buy a certain white one owned by a guy name Chris (sound familiar?) but he wasn't ready to let her go. Glad it landed in good hands. The pulley/boost talk has been taken around the barn a lot. See the attached link...
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/520931-new-comprehensive-upper-lower-pulley-boost-matrix.html

Results always vary and keeping temps down is a big issue...

There are a number of current threads active on this. See "disappointing results after. Stage 2 upgrades".

Last edited by BlackHammer; 05-19-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:02 AM

05 e55
Originally Posted by MNM5ETR
Congrats and welcome back. I recently bought another E55 and happened to want to buy a certain white one owned by a guy name Chris (sound familiar?) but he wasn't ready to let her go. Glad it landed in good hands. The pulley/boost talk has been taken around the barn a lot. See the attached link...
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/520931-new-comprehensive-upper-lower-pulley-boost-matrix.html

There are a number of current threads active on this. See "disappointing results after. Stage 2 upgrades".
Lol yes that story does sound very familiar, one that I've been dealing with.. up until 3 days ago..

I waited quite a while for this w211

I really appreciate the feedback ill check out those links when i can

Thanks again, hope your enjoying your purchase as well.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:40 AM

05 e55
Originally Posted by MNM5ETR

Okay i see what your talking about..

So to explain the 5hp gain after the pulley, would you agree he just installed the 84mm sc pulley, barely raises the boost it seems
Old 05-20-2016, 06:45 AM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Yes, more than likely the 84mm blower pulley.

I made 470whp on this dyno. Same 84mm pulley except my car has MBH long tubes and the 010 pump.