Sponsored by:

W211 on Montana state route 200

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 01:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
'03 Brabus E55 K8, '11 C300 4matic
W211 on Montana state route 200

So a few days ago I had occasion to take my sled out on Montana SR 200. I dunno, I was bored with I90 and my satnav said this route was shorter and I was feeling puckish. From the interstate to Great Falls, there isn't much to say. But from there, to Glendive, is fast car Nirvana.. Hundreds of miles of howling wilderness nothing, with big fast sweepers, canyon carving, and many, many climb over crest into valley drop where you can see the road for miles, not so much as a driveway for an intersection, the best highspeed road I think I've ever seen. On one particularly tasty stretch I couldn't resist and put my foot to the mat from around 120, drop 2 gears, and let her run. I backed off at 180 when I started thinking more and more about the condition of my back tires at the time. Well, now I know the Brabus ECU rewrites are still there and haven't been reset to OEM in this cars' past. I may never have opportunity to run this car up to that delta vee again.. and am still just astonished at how quickly this great big car got up there, still pulling hard when I decided that was enough. What a machine...
Old 06-05-2016, 11:09 AM

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
E63 AMG 2007
Good times