Sponsored by:

Engine bay tank

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crossfire srt6
Engine bay tank

Someone with an engine bay tank can you please give me a review on them. I have heard they are a waste of money. Is that true. I don't want a tank in my trunk. I am running 77 pulley, 82mm TB, EC headers, monster HE, 550cc injectors, EC ECU/TCU. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sonata 2.0T
Any tank is better than no tank. FTP sells 2.5 gallon which is a decent amount of capacity for everyday and you can still stuff with ice for a pull.

I like underwood tanks for convenience and ease of install but a trunk tank will give more capacity and cooler charge temps because of the extra water and cooler being stored in trunk instead of underhood.

You have a large HE, so that helps. Split system and new pump?

If you don't want to bother. Water meth is a great solution as well.

- Drew

Last edited by typedRew; 08-19-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:00 AM

Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by austinbarrylee
Someone with an engine bay tank can you please give me a review on them. I have heard they are a waste of money. Is that true. I don't want a tank in my trunk. I am running 77 pulley, 82mm TB, EC headers, monster HE, 550cc injectors, EC ECU/TCU. Thanks.
Do you have the m113k in the srt6? If yes, I got $20 for the roller coaster ride, where are you located?

Trunk tank is my plan, make sure to get one with mounting feet/2 mount points. I hear some rub/sit on the filler neck. I do not like things rubbing that should not.

Added bonus: ease of install and my OCD inspective nature is appeased seeing nothing is leaking.

Last edited by BoostedAero; 08-20-2016 at 03:04 AM.