Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Re: Re: Re: OK, I'll chime in....

Originally posted by stephens
It was me, not Improviz that made the language statement.
Stephens,
Yeah, I was aware of that but my response sounded too hard when I put in both names so I left yours out.
I was just trying a change of direction before things went full ricer board.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 silver C32 AMG
i think it could b very possible 4 the M5 2 beat the W211 E55,

the E46 M3 still manages to keep up wit th C32 or sometimes beat it despite having a 60lb torque disadvantage
Old 03-22-2004, 04:44 AM
mhh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 MB E63 Wagon, 2012 BMW M5, 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2010 Ferrari 458
I bought a Ferrari 550 and am now trying to get out of the Gallardo.
Stephens, re the Lambo - that was quick. You no like? Fell in love with 550 while on honeymoon with Gallardo?

mhh

PS, mine's doing fine - nearly 2000 Km in 3 weeks.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
Originally posted by mhh
Stephens, re the Lambo - that was quick. You no like? Fell in love with 550 while on honeymoon with Gallardo?

mhh

PS, mine's doing fine - nearly 2000 Km in 3 weeks.
Great to see you are actually driving the car. Too many people buy cars and bikes than leave them in a garage to gather dust. I can't afford both and the 550 is useable as a daily driver. The 550 is a great daily driver compared to the gallardo, but the Lambo definately has more wow factor and would kicj its butt on a race track.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:18 AM
mhh

I agree the Gallardo isn't a daily driver. For one thing, I wouldn't try to get it into my city car park - too tight.

So it is getting plenty of weekend work - the weather here has been fabulous and everyone wants a ride which is no real hardship.

You should post a pic of the 550 - that's some car!
Old 03-22-2004, 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
I'm picking it back up after a major service on Wed and will take some pics then. Not as striking as the Gallardo, about the same straightline performance, but it's actually more fun, even though the Gallardo would ultimately be quicker. The only majo issue is a lack of traction, which is also lots of fun! Thats why I don't understand how people think the new M5 will out accelerate the AMG. The 2WD 550 has trouble hooking up in 3rd sometimes, where the 4wd of the Gallardo and the E55 just grip and go.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:58 PM
mhh

I agree that it is hard to see the new M5 doing 0-200 in 13 seconds on the power and torque figures provided, but I can understand that people think it might. That's because BMW is saying it will, and BMW's performance claims have always been reliable.
But, hell, they had better be right - that's a big claim to make if you can't back it up.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:59 PM

04 E55
Re: OK, I'll chime in....

Originally posted by Improviz

Please enlighten us, oh Schumacher-in-waiting: why would one choose the 500 horsepower, 4,000+ pound M5 (weight/hp ratio = 8:1) over a 405 horsepower, 3,150 pound Z06 Corvette (weight/hp ratio = 7.78:1) for track duty? Because one likes destroying brakes sooner, or wearing out tires faster? Because one likes taking corners at slower speeds?

So, please, spare us: if you prefer, for whatever reason, the BMW marque and the M, fine, but arguing that a 4,000+ pound four-door sedan is "the" best track car for the money is ludicrous.

I'll await your ridiculous answer, although I won't be wasting any more time engaging you.

Excuse me. WHERE DID I SAY M5 is best track car? All i said, because of my size, M5 is a better track car for me.

Yes, if i could fit well into a sports car i will get one.

STOP MAKING UP STATEMENTS THAT I DID NOT SAY!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:04 PM

04 E55
Re: I wasn't trying to make fun of his language skills...

Originally posted by Improviz
...but rather his knowledge (or lack thereof) of what constitutes a superior track car. I know a lot of guys *do* track M5's, but a simple comparison of the numbers the car has posted in the hands of pro drivers aptly demonstrates that there are plenty of cars available for the same money or less which will thrash it around a track.

Also, there are custom seats available, along with custom pedal & steering wheel adjustments, if the individual is a "poor fit" for the sports car. So, I don't consider this explanation to be particularly credible (just as I don't consider the M5 to be an ideal track car, although it certainly performs fantastically well for a 4,000 pound sedan).
1st of all. I said it very clearly. M5 is an ideal track car for me.

2nd. Yes, I am fully aware that customs pedals, wheel adjustments, custom seats can be had. But there is cost involved which I think it's more useful to spend somewhere else. With the money I am going to spend on custom interiors, I probably would be able to make a faster M5.

What makes you so sure that I did not look into that.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:09 PM

04 E55
Re: Re: Re: OK, I'll chime in....

Originally posted by stephens
It was me, not Improviz that made the language statement. It was based principly on a perceived lack of maturity in his postings as well the lack of english skills.
I originally questioned the legitimacy of his claim of purchasing two M5's and instead of responding intelligently, with his reasons, he launched into a tirade of abuse and name calling. Perhaps I should have put a smilie on the end of my remark.
Excuse me. Where was your so called intelligent replies. English in australia must be different, where ****head is classified as proper english.

This is a discussion forum. I do not see the importance of perfect english to be a pre-requisite for posting on this forum.

YOU STARTED THE NAME CALLING PROCESS. Be a man and take some responsibilities.

LOSER!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:12 PM

04 E55
Originally posted by FIXEDupW209

stephens. forget that guy his info doesn't seem to match up and i would not be AT all surprised if he was indeed related to kain hahaha. i have actualy been wondering where he has been. now we might know. On a lighter note, i was cruising down LA yesterday and i saw a beautiful 360 challenge stradale and that thing looked and sounded emazing. prob the loudest car i have heard. i then saw a black lambo murc and thought of you. how's the gallardo doing? have you reconsidered changing that beautiful two tone interior?
How about a wager? I was tired yesterday after staying up all night on friday watching the taiwan presidential election. I was half awake for the past two days.

Since you are in LA, I propose to meet. I am only 5 hours away. PROVE THAT I AM KAIN's relative.

I will put down my E55 as wager. In return, put up your CLK55.

I don't back down from anything. Call me on my cell 510-585-5954. I DARE YOU!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Ummm, yea, wager a car just to prove you're a dufus?

Hello, we all know you're not in fact Kain's cousin. Its a joke! We all get it, are you too dim to understand?
Old 03-22-2004, 04:16 PM

04 E55
Originally posted by norb
Ummm, yea, wager a car just to prove you're a dufus?

Hello, we all know you're not in fact Kain's cousin. Its a joke! We all get it, are you too dim to understand?
Yes, all of it is a joke. dufus? is that the best you can come up with.

So we have ****head, stupid a$$, and now dufus?

This is so mature. Don't make a statement if you can't back it up!
Old 03-22-2004, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
hahaha its is soo funny...

okay thats great you are getting 2 m5's. i am really proud of you. congrats, i hope you enjoy both of them equally. You would really drive 5 hours to LA to prove you are not related to kain. give me a break man, surely you have something better to do on your time. Don't you know it was a joke? come on now. I am sure we can ALL agree here that the m5 is an exceptional car(the previous one, no one has driven the new one so i don't feel its appropriate to comment on a car thats not out yet, everything is still pretty much speculation at this point). Everyone here who owns an E55 can surely afford to buy an m5 and if they want to they can. So your whole m5 is better then E55 or is sportier then the E55. thats YOUR opinion and you know what you are entitled to it, but surely you must have understood that saying so on a Mercedes forum would get some mixed reactions. Did you not realise that? It would be like me going to the m5board adn saying that the E55 is a better all around car. i am positive they would have something to say about that, because what would make an all around car to me, could be totaly different to you. see where i am getting at? If you feel the m5 is sportier then wipdy****ingdooo. i suggest you get a nice bottel of champage and when precious arrives you pop it open adn enjoy yourself. If your can't get into a ferrari or a lamborghini thats really not our fault!honestly, maybe loose a few pounds and extend the pedals. If you are going to turn your m5 into a track car, trust me buddy, buying a lotus elise or whatever and moving the pedals forward and the steeringwheel back a bit wont cost you as much as converting a street M5 into a fully tracked out car. just my .2 cents. i am sure you are going to continue the name calling so be my guest.

Last edited by FIXEDupW209; 03-22-2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
you now the name calling was stupid, i should be the bigger man, i will go back and delete wherever i called you a name in my last post. but i must ask you a question. If you feel so greatly about bmw. why do you have so many benzes?
2004clk320 cabriolet. why didn't you get the 6 series cabriolet?
2003E500. why not the new 5 series?
G55? why not a range rover(made by bmw) or an X5 4.8is?
Old 03-22-2004, 05:07 PM

04 E55
Originally posted by FIXEDupW209
you now the name calling was stupid, i should be the bigger man, i will go back and delete wherever i called you a name in my last post. but i must ask you a question. If you feel so greatly about bmw. why do you have so many benzes?
2004clk320 cabriolet. why didn't you get the 6 series cabriolet?
2003E500. why not the new 5 series?
G55? why not a range rover(made by bmw) or an X5 4.8is?
I don't like mercedes does not mean my wife doen't like mercedes.

CLK320 is my wife's car. She hate BMW. I have no say in that.

E500- I got this car at very very low price after something happened at my dealer. Bound by NDA, I can't say what happened. I was going to turn around and trade in the car to get M3 back. That was shot down by the wife.

G55- Never considered range rover. Although the powertrain and electronics are from BMW, I just did not like it. X5 is not really a true 4x4. G55 is quiet a nice truck. You don't see me complain about it. It's a great truck. May be it's over priced. But a very capable off roader.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Thumbs up I like Krispy Kreme too

Originally posted by krispykrme
All i said, because of my size, M5 is a better track car for me.

Yes, if i could fit well into a sports car i will get one.
I think the cause of the misunderstanding comes from most of us failing to truly believe you cannot fit well inside other sports cars.

Instead of posting your cell number and an offer to a blind date, a photo will make a far stronger statement!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:20 PM

04 E55
Re: I like Krispy Kreme too

Originally posted by W210
I think the cause of the misunderstanding comes from most of us failing to truly believe you cannot fit well inside other sports cars.

Instead of posting your cell number and an offer to a blind date, a photo will make a far stronger statement!
there are photos of me on the bimmerfest forum. I stand barely 5-2". I weighs about 240lb. I wear size 52 waist. So are you guys happy now?

And i have short wingspan that is about 5 feet.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Back what up? What are you talking about?

Your definition of immature must not include childish rants like the once you've made. Any credibility that you had, if any, is now gone.

Is the only way to prop up your meager self worth is to come to a public forum and try to show how you can afford 2 M5's? Is that supposed to impress us? It makes us laugh.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:42 PM

04 E55
Back what up? What are you talking about?

Your definition of immature must not include childish rants like the once you've made. Any credibility that you had, if any, is now gone.

Is the only way to prop up your meager self worth is to come to a public forum and try to show how you can afford 2 M5's? Is that supposed to impress us? It makes us laugh.
So this has now turned into childish rant. My rant are speicific. I don't see you call stephen immature for starting ****head thing. So who are you to judge? If you are such a fair person, why not be bias free? Who is childish here?

If my rant is childish, your post is probably beyond bias.

Yes, I am meager. My statment regarding two M5 was reply to your accusation that no one tracks m5. Since I can't make a statement about other M5 owners. I am just stating my plans. So by answer truthfully to your accusations, I am propping myself?

CAN YOU PLEASE GET YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT? WHAT HELL DO YOU WANT? I answer your accusation, and now you accuse me of propping myself? If this is not immature, I don't know what else is.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Just stating your plans.

Bull*****. The only reason you came up with the 2 M5 story is to try and pretend that you're some rich dude that can. Everyone here knows it preposterous. Why did you only mention it now? That is childish. Making stuff up and trying to hide behind your money.

Then, the most childish (its like we're on some school yard playground), part is when you constantly blurb out the "back it up" statement. Back what up?
Old 03-22-2004, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Sizes

Originally posted by krispykrme
there are photos of me on the bimmerfest forum. I stand barely 5-2". I weighs about 240lb. I wear size 52 waist.
While I don' have an account at Bimmerfest to do a search for your photo, I can more or less picture. I'm one foot taller than you yet still weigh less.

You'll probably find the W211 E55 a bit tight in space as well? Do the dynamic seats actually make a difference for someone with a what 40 inch waist? I bet you'll find the E500 much less confining.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:27 PM

04 E55
Re: Sizes

Originally posted by W210
While I don' have an account at Bimmerfest to do a search for your photo, I can more or less picture. I'm one foot taller than you yet still weigh less.

You'll probably find the W211 E55 a bit tight in space as well? Do the dynamic seats actually make a difference for someone with a what 40 inch waist? I bet you'll find the E500 much less confining.
Acutally dynamic seat is fine. Very supportive. My problem has to do with my big tummy. Even with the steering wheel all the way in toward the dash it's not that far from my stomach. Sad but true.

So E500 and E55 does not really differ for me. But both are much better than E39 in terms of room. Because i am so short, after raising the seat to highest position, my knee would hit under the dash.

I always wonder what well happen to me if I got into a front end accident. My face will not hit the airbag, but my chest will.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:36 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

i've been following this thread and for the fun of it i just called krispykreme and said hello. first time i've ever spoken to someone from the forums. he seems like a nice enough guy.

when it comes to the new M5 there really is no way to know for sure what the performance or handling characteristics will be until the car is released to the auto magazines. i don't think it to be to far fetched an idea to think that the new M5 will have more of a sporty nature than the current E55. it seems that BMW leans more toward the sport side of the automotive spectrum while Mercedes leans more towards high performance touring. i'm sure that the words i'm using might not exactly explain the differences between the two brands precisely but i think most of you guys know what i mean. in the end all of us benefit from the two uber auto manufacturers going head to head.

so ....being no stranger to controversy myself on these forums....lets try to get along.......and at times when we don't....lets not take it too seriously.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:39 PM

04 E55
Just stating your plans.

Bull*****. The only reason you came up with the 2 M5 story is to try and pretend that you're some rich dude that can. Everyone here knows it preposterous. Why did you only mention it now? That is childish. Making stuff up and trying to hide behind your money.

Then, the most childish (its like we're on some school yard playground), part is when you constantly blurb out the "back it up" statement. Back what up?
Yes I am trying to pretend. So why not show up and prove i am some liar. I offered to meet anyone.

I only mentioned that because you asked. simple as that.

Back it up was aimed at fixedupW209. I wanted him to backup what he said.

Anyone can make any statement they want, but must be able to back it up.

you asked a question, i answered. simple as that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can m5 be faster then E55 with 500 nm?