Lowering with standard air suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Lowering with standard air suspension

Hi All,

pleased to say I've just taken the plunge an purchased myself a 2004 E55. Thing is pretty sweet, 110,000km rolling on a nice set of 20's, a fair bit of work has been done to it SC pulley, bigger intercooler, headers, exhaust and tune. Found a dyno sheet in the Glovebox claiming 345rwkw so it's a bit of a beast. Got it for 10k less than the dude was originally asking.

Strange thing is is when I originally looked at the car it was pretty dumped. The wheels fit nicely in the arches. I put it up on the hoist to look underneath and noticed some red anodised adjustable linkages for tricking the height sensors into thinking the car is higher than it actually is so it reduces its height and it sits nice and low. When I came to pick it up after the deposit it looked like a bloody 4x4 it was jacked right up. I noticed it was set with the suspension right up so hit the button to lower it which worked a bit it stood much taller than what it was when I first saw it though. Even after putting the suspension into sport mode which is meant to drop it a further 15mm it is still no where near as low as when I first saw it.

Is is it something to do with the way it was put on the hoist that has messed with the calibration of the ride height.

What can I do to get it low again?

Thanks all. Real happy AMG owner here now!!!
​​​​​​​
Old 11-06-2016, 01:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
07 E63
Buy a lowering module..
Old 11-06-2016, 10:08 AM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
04 e55
I got rear tires replaced and they jacked up the rear end, pulled/swaped the tires and sent me on my way... I noticed the car was higher when I got back but thought it would settle back down after the drive home - still sits a little higher than I like but it did come back down some,,,