Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Boost - Good IATs, No CELs, New SC pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
Ok. I was able to wire in a little light and run it up to the dash off of the supercharger clutch - I spliced in right at the backside of the connector. I confirmed it was working by engaging the supercharger at idle by grounding the Black/Pink wire back at the ECU which engages the SC and turns the light on. Went out for drive to see if the car is actually telling the SC to engage and it is not (no light coming on at WOT at any time).

SC itself sounds pretty good when activated (no bad rattling but definitely turns on) so the question now is what is keeping the car from telling the SC to engage? Once again, I've been monitoring IATs, coolant temp, boost, etc and nothing seems out of normal. IATs havent even reached past 110F (it's pretty cold in Oklahoma at the moment).

I would also assume that since I can get the SC to engage by grounding the Black/Pink wire at the ECU that the harness is probably not the issue either.

Forgot to mention - swapped around the 40 amp fuse and the 2 closest relays with the 40 amp and relays in the trunk that go with the fuel pump with no effect.

Anyone in the OKC area have a Star system that would be willing to check through everything for me? Time would be compensated for

Last edited by hergs7; 12-12-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:26 AM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
04 e55
just for grins you may want to jump the sc and take the car for a quick ride and see if the boost is getting applied and not bled off.. I would jump the sc directly with a 12v source and ground not with the ecu pins but your call...
sounds like some sensor is not telling the ECU to engage the sc clutch.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:34 PM

1998 Chevy Astro, 2003 Mercedes E55
Did you ever find the problem? I think I have the same issue.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:44 PM

05 E55
Originally Posted by WiscoSean
Did you ever find the problem? I think I have the same issue.
Yes. It ended up being the intercooler pump relay. When troubleshooting the fuel pump issues (read first post) the IC pump relay was pulled to be tested (earlier cars had the fuel pump relay in that spot) and was put back in the wrong spot. So the car thought the IC pump was bad and wouldn't engage the SC. Moved the relay back to the right spot and have had 0 issues since. I believe on 2005+ the fuel pump relays are in the trunk behind the carpet near the rear passenger side wheel well. The older cars have the relay on the rear SAM on the drivers side that is now the spot for the IC relay on newer models. If you are getting no symptoms that point to anything else (high intake air temps, etc) definitely check your relays. There are lots of good threads on SC diagnosis to look through.