Correct lug nut for 2006 s55 rim?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350
Correct lug nut for 2006 s55 rim?

Greetings!

I picked up a set of chrome Amg rims and the seller said that I would need longer lug nuts than the current ones on my 08'E350. Can any of the seasoned Benz Officianados tell me if the part #2034010270 size m12 1.5x40mm sounds right?

I believe my current lugs for non amg rim is m14 1.5x26.5.

Any feed back is greatly needed and appreciated.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 E55
I can't answer your question but I do have some advice. make sure you use the correct style lug bolt. There are the ball seat and acorn types. If those rims are aftermarket an oem part may not work as they're probably going to use the acorn type. They are not safely interchangeable. My avant garde rims use the acorn types (oem is a ball seat) and carid.com included a set of bolts but they were the cheapy chrome ones. I didn't know much about aftermarket wheels at the time and only noticed after I bought new oem bolts and layed then next to each other. Had I not put them next to each other I would of just mounted my wheels up with the oem bolts none the wiser. Ive seen a few cars come in with broken lugs and broken a few just taking wheels off and they were always these chrome ones. i called our tire supplier and he got me the right style and a factory equivelant. Was like under $30 I think. I tossed the junk chrome ones. Safety first, can't have these things coming off at 50mph let alone 150mph

Last edited by 210lvr; 01-09-2017 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts
2004 E55.98 SS Camaro.Jetta TDI. Expedition
Originally Posted by 210lvr
I can't answer your question but I do have some advice. make sure you use the correct style lug bolt. There are the ball seat and acorn types. If those rims are aftermarket an oem part may not work as they're probably going to use the acorn type. They are not safely interchangeable. My avant garde rims use the acorn types (oem is a ball seat) and carid.com included a set of bolts but they were the cheapy chrome ones. I didn't know much about aftermarket wheels at the time and only noticed after I bought new oem bolts and layed then next to each other. Had I not put them next to each other I would of just mounted my wheels up with the oem bolts none the wiser. Ive seen a few cars come in with broken lugs and broken a few just taking wheels off and they were always these chrome ones. i called our tire supplier and he got me the right style and a factory equivelant. Was like under $30 I think. I tossed the junk chrome ones. Safety first, can't have these things coming off at 50mph let alone 150mph
This is good advice. If you get the wrong type of lug your rims will be toast.