Sponsored by:

W211 E55 Radio only sound on passenger side

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 AMG E55
W211 E55 Radio only sound on passenger side

This morning I got in my 2005 E55 and started it up. It was on the CD Changer and the sound is was and still is fine, only on the CD CHanger. When changing to Radio or CD I only have sound on the Passenger side. I tried to move the balance/fade and also did a Reset settings. Still nothing.

So: Sound is fine when using CD Changer
SOund only on passenger side when radio or CD.

Anyone have this issue nad how it was fixed. Or any ideas?

Thanks all
Old 02-27-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by 20313203
This morning I got in my 2005 E55 and started it up. It was on the CD Changer and the sound is was and still is fine, only on the CD CHanger. When changing to Radio or CD I only have sound on the Passenger side. I tried to move the balance/fade and also did a Reset settings. Still nothing.

So: Sound is fine when using CD Changer
SOund only on passenger side when radio or CD.

Anyone have this issue nad how it was fixed. Or any ideas?

Thanks all
How is sound from an Aux In source (if you have one in your glove box)

I know there is a Topic Number alert for this BBirdwell sent me info, I would gladly share. It basically has to do with an outdated Aux cable connection on the back of the Command Unit...I dont know if that could corrupt the Radio output though. It is specifically for the right side of the car though

Personally and diagnositically this sounds more like a corrupted Head Unit (Command) issue or possibly an Audio Gateway issue....Seniors?

Honestly, sounds pretty rare and would require swapping head units at least to eliminate that as the issue, then you could move down the line to diagnose the AGW, then amp... IMHO

Where are you located? I ripped all my stuff out to throw my JL audio and aftermarket gear in there and dont mind helping if you are around Charlotte NC one weekend.

-Will

Last edited by BoostedAero; 02-27-2017 at 11:01 PM.