Sponsored by:

Uneven Panoramic Roof Closing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 08:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55, 2014 Honda Civic
Uneven Panoramic Roof Closing

I have read multiple posts on multiple forums about the panoramic roof. I have tried the reset where you hold the button in four positions for 5-Seconds each. I have reset the fuse in the trunk and am able to close the sunshade that way, but not the sunroof completely. I have removed the rear view mirror and tried manually closing the roof with a 4mm hex, but it will not close completely.

The passenger side will close completely, but the driver side will not seat all the way. This leaves the rear portion of the driver side corner propped up. I have even gone as far as closing it with the button and pushing on the roof, but it still won't close. The problem I am running into now is that it's raining and I am not sure how long I will be able to keep the rain out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:07 PM

Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by AustoMotasto
I have read multiple posts on multiple forums about the panoramic roof. I have tried the reset where you hold the button in four positions for 5-Seconds each. I have reset the fuse in the trunk and am able to close the sunshade that way, but not the sunroof completely. I have removed the rear view mirror and tried manually closing the roof with a 4mm hex, but it will not close completely.

The passenger side will close completely, but the driver side will not seat all the way. This leaves the rear portion of the driver side corner propped up. I have even gone as far as closing it with the button and pushing on the roof, but it still won't close. The problem I am running into now is that it's raining and I am not sure how long I will be able to keep the rain out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have the machine gun of death sound?

Using the big 4mm cranking allen it only actuates the motor gearing manually... if gears are stripped (machine gun sound) it will not grab enough to close all the way... hope that helps
Old 03-06-2017, 09:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55, 2014 Honda Civic
I do have that problem. Forgot to mention that in the initial post.