Sponsored by:

E55 Salvage Title

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 03:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1994 Corvette
Originally Posted by SleepersRock
Even replacing the head bolts immediately along with the intake manifold gaskets and torque bolts as preventative maintenance would be significantly cheaper than the repairs needed on a higher mileage e55 in rougher shape.
​​​​​​

You hit the nail on the head. I've noticed many many E55's with over 130k miles going for upwards of 13k. Thats just rediculous. I know these cars last a long time, no doubt. But when spending over 13k on a car with 130k+, it's still 130k+ miles.

Then you have people with salvaged ones who want upwards of 10k. That just ain't gonna happen, because when it's time to sell, it will be even harder for myself to sell it than the guy who sold it to me. So unless I found a nice salvaged one for 5k, it ain't gonna happen. So I'm over the salvaged thing.

This is why I have also started looking at E63 cars. They are a little newer, worth more and have that n/a engine. I love forced induction, don't get me wrong. I've had forced induction vehicles. Last one was a 2005 GTO (M112 supercharger) with over 530whp. That car was a blast and I was stupid for selling it. I still miss it to this day.

I will patiently wait and keep looking to see what's out there. I will definitely post up pics the day I do find something.