W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place to get a killer chiller installed in Tampa Bay?

Old 05-11-2017, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts
05 E55, 98 CLK320
Cool Best place to get a killer chiller installed in Tampa Bay?

Fellas, from what I understand, a killchill is the ultimate way to go when it comes to cooling right?

This eliminates the need to do split cooling, PLM heat exchanger, and so on... anybody know of a good shop to get this done in Tampa Bay?

I hear good things about C2... but also that they're pricy...

As it turns out I have an upgraded crank pulley... not sure what size it is, but my mechanic Markus at Werners in Tarpon said he couldn't fit a belt over it... good because it's a free upgrade that came with my car, bad because I don't know if it was done properly, or the brand of the pulley, or any of that... so what I'm gonna do is try to measure it and then get a clutched (or should I do fixed..) SC pulley to go along with it and call it a day.

Mods:
No cats (amazing sound)
Green filters (wow what a mod)
???mm crank pulley
EC tune cable I just received from Shardul (I have not yet sent in my file because I don't know what the hell I have moving those belts)

Bonus questions:
How can I effectively measure my pulley?
How the hell do I find a belt for this pulley?
Old 05-11-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
2004 E55
Killer chiller requires the removal of the heat exchanger, split cooling with an engine bay tank (2.5Gallons) to optimally reduce temps for what its worth.

System will be fighting really hard to keep up with limited volume of IC coolant.

For warning, our AC kinda sucks and will take a hit from doing the killer chiller, that is why I went meth

I would figure any good AC shop could install it as it is meant for the DIY type, it really is just splitting AC lines and adding a fluid/fluid heat exchanger the is insulated.

Find a reputable AC shop and ask, I read one quote of a $250-300 charge for install $1050 total cost from a thread a few years back

*Find out what pulley you have currently, shouldnt be hard to take a tape measure to get a good idea. +/-few mm, or remove fan shroud and get a large caliper from Harbor Freight to measure.

Start there and you will be able to research what is possible/practical without creating a heat pump or running out of injector

Last edited by BoostedAero; 05-11-2017 at 02:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MACEDON (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
Originally Posted by BoostedAero
Killer chiller requires the removal of the heat exchanger, split cooling with an engine bay tank (2.5Gallons) to optimally reduce temps for what its worth.

System will be fighting really hard to keep up with limited volume of IC coolant.

For warning, our AC kinda sucks and will take a hit from doing the killer chiller, that is why I went meth

I would figure any good AC shop could install it as it is meant for the DIY type, it really is just splitting AC lines and adding a fluid/fluid heat exchanger the is insulated.

Find a reputable AC shop and ask, I read one quote of a $250-300 charge for install $1050 total cost from a thread a few years back

*Find out what pulley you have currently, shouldnt be hard to take a tape measure to get a good idea. +/-few mm, or remove fan shroud and get a large caliper from Harbor Freight to measure.

Start there and you will be able to research what is possible/practical without creating a heat pump or running out of injector
Jesus, well okay I think I might be in over my head... does the fact I have a bigger pulley help the AC compressor? Or is the accessory side of the crank stock size?

I live in Florida and I really need my AC to be 100%, definitely don't wanna put the system at jeopardy of failure...

So what do you suggest? Would split cooling +PLM cooler work for me if I stick to crank+sc pulley? Because that's definitely something I can install myself judging by the videos I see online.

I seriously do not plan on any more mods, I'm not even sure if I'll get a SC pulley... although mine might be on its way out so it might be good to get a new one in there and upgrade it while I'm at it. Definitely not interested in blowing up my car, it's fast enough as it is, I want it to last me to 200k miles at least (I assume the extra power doesn't combine well with the transmission)

I'll look into meth... I'm completely unaware what that involves.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
I live in south Florida and I think it's great.
My opinion, have it installed right and if that takes paying more so be it
Get a tank either trunk or engine bay
Use water and purple ice and you are ready to go
Good luck
MACEDON (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
Originally Posted by Hulk
Good luck
Okay so help me here, a trunk tank is DIFFERENT from a killer chiller???

It's still a split cooling set up (where you separate the radiator coolant from the supercharger coolant) but with a big tank in the back?

Just had my coolant flushed and replaced with mercedes fluid at my indy... I'm a bit hesitant to put water in there for the longevity of the system... but I'll stop at advanced auto and pick up some ice.

Last edited by MACEDON; 05-11-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Yes it will be split
The tank will hold the cold water from the killer chiller
You need a tank for the kc to work well since at wot the ac compressor shuts off
Old 05-11-2017, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
Looks like I need to hurry up and get the cooling mods going because when I put the tape to to measure that pulley it showed a bit over 180mm, is there a size bigger?

How is the pulley measured, where the belt goes around or that outside rim? (I'm assuming it's the inner diameter where the belt goes)

Also there is this wheel with 4 bolts around it and a threaded middle... One or my bolts is missing, how dangerous is it?
Old 05-12-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
2004 E55
Good luck
Awesome to hear Hulk

So you are saying you see little effect on the AC output in the cabin? I just fear the summer heat already in Charlotte we climb into 90-95* over the summer.

This is solely what has held me back on doing this upgrade

I would love to hear what you think

Originally Posted by MACEDON
Looks like... it showed a bit over 180mm, is there a size bigger?

How is the pulley measured, where the belt goes around or that outside rim? (I'm assuming it's the inner diameter where the belt goes)

Also there is this wheel with 4 bolts around it and a threaded middle... One or my bolts is missing, how dangerous is it?
I have a 185mm CP and yes there are 195mm and 200mm crank pulleys made (aka heat pumps)

Use torque pro and watch IATs and RPMs only and you will see them skyrocket up with stock cooling setup

I will measure my 185mm from lip to lip to give you a ball park of where your pulley is so you can plan your mods accordingly

I would guess I am going to measure out about 190mm with a 2mm lip on either side of the pulley

Some measurements of pulleys are made in the valleys of the v-belts and some are made in the top of the peaks. I am unsure of the accurate way to measure

Your WP bolt issue isn't that bad but needs to be resolved asap so it doesnt fall off. I think they are 10mm Hex - M6-1.5x15mm in legnth but you need a caliper and thread gauge to be sure.

Tighten the other 3 bolts for now

Last edited by BoostedAero; 05-12-2017 at 10:06 AM.
MACEDON (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
The ac sucks regardless in hot humid weather
Old 05-12-2017, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
Originally Posted by BoostedAero
Awesome to hear Hulk

So you are saying you see little effect on the AC output in the cabin? I just fear the summer heat already in Charlotte we climb into 90-95* over the summer.

This is solely what has held me back on doing this upgrade

I would love to hear what you think

I have a 185mm CP and yes there are 195mm and 200mm crank pulleys made (aka heat pumps)

Use torque pro and watch IATs and RPMs only and you will see them skyrocket up with stock cooling setup

I will measure my 185mm from lip to lip to give you a ball park of where your pulley is so you can plan your mods accordingly

I would guess I am going to measure out about 190mm with a 2mm lip on either side of the pulley

Some measurements of pulleys are made in the valleys of the v-belts and some are made in the top of the peaks. I am unsure of the accurate way to measure

Your WP bolt issue isn't that bad but needs to be resolved asap so it doesnt fall off. I think they are 10mm Hex - M6-1.5x15mm in legnth but you need a caliper and thread gauge to be sure.

Tighten the other 3 bolts for now
Alright awesome thank you for that measurement because I just sent in my eui file to Eurocharged and stated I have a green filter, 180mm, and no cats. Hoping they return it on monday and I'm excited to see how the car drives once it's uploaded.

I also called my indy and told him about my bolt, he immediately ordered me one and I'll pick it up Monday so that got resolved.

Off topic:
I got cut off twice this morning by idiots so I got really ****ing angry... so I got out of the thick traffic and gunned my car... from about 40 to 110mph this car is a MONSTER... with the green filters I finally let it breathe easy and you can hear that supercharger whine... what a CAR! You can go from lane to lane to lane and nobody will outdo you in this Merc... so happy. WOW.

Next I have to order a belt wrap kit and it will come with a belt according to Mr. Shardul

So I saw that with the eurocharged tuning cable that I can log data with their software, I haven't tried it yet, but if I bring my laptop along for rides is this actually possible? Anybody done it? What should I log?

I'm trying to troubleshoot harsh engagement of my supercharger and to make sure I'm not running too hot or anything

Last edited by MACEDON; 05-12-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
The ac sucks regardless in hot humid weather

Can you make it any better? I'm pretty sad that this is the case because I was hoping that it'd be ice cold in a car this expensive.... pretty sad that an old chevy truck blows ice cold inside and this $100k car sucks at it...
Old 05-12-2017, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Not much can be done about the ac
American cars are amazing with the ac

The S and CL class are much better than the E also
Old 05-12-2017, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
Not much can be done about the ac
American cars are amazing with the ac

The S and CL class are much better than the E also

American cars always have the best steering pumps and ac compressors lol
Old 05-14-2017, 12:15 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
05 e55 amg
It's very easy to install the killer chiller. I have it on my car, and I'm in Tampa also. Save some money, do it yourself. Just have a shop do the refill part
Old 05-15-2017, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
Originally Posted by travhwrd
It's very easy to install the killer chiller. I have it on my car, and I'm in Tampa also. Save some money, do it yourself. Just have a shop do the refill part

What's a good shop to have mods installed, do you know of any?
Old 05-15-2017, 12:05 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
05 e55 amg
Originally Posted by MACEDON
What's a good shop to have mods installed, do you know of any?

Only time I take it to the shop is for warranty work. I do everything else myself. I did this myself, which I recommend. It's easy.

But dpauto is the only shop I go to
Ask for Anthony (owner)
Tell him Travis sent you, with the silver e55. He's seen my KC setup
Old 05-15-2017, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
Originally Posted by travhwrd
Only time I take it to the shop is for warranty work. I do everything else myself. I did this myself, which I recommend. It's easy.

But dpauto is the only shop I go to
Ask for Anthony (owner)
Tell him Travis sent you, with the silver e55. He's seen my KC setup
10-4 man thank you