Help ! KeyLess go start/stop fail after front SAM replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes SLK230 R170 & E55 AMG W211
Question Help ! KeyLess go start/stop fail after front SAM replacement

Hi guys

I'm experiencing a strange problem on my '04 E55, and any kind of help will be appreciated.

The story : few months ago, my front right turn signal stopped to work; first I thinked about the headlight, but after some search i found that was the front SAM module needed a replace. So I bought the same ref (A211 545 40 01) new OEM part, and the garage replaced and reprogrammed it.

The turn signal is back and everything works, yeah, except now i can't use the start/stop function anymore. If I use the key and turn it no problem, no error. The keyless open/close is working too. But If i use the start/stop function on the gear, i got a bunch of errors, for example ESP, ABS, and the display tell me that i'm not on P or N in red background, so the car don't start, and become absolutely locked (can't move the gear, can't turn the key if i put it in, etc..) and need to unplug the battery to be able to reuse it. Please, tell me one of you have any idea of what it can be, i'm starting to pull my hairs with these electronics cars, that getting me mad.

Don't hesitate to ask me more if my english is bad, sorry for that.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:23 PM

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
E63 AMG 2007
Were you able to use the start button before the new SAM?, also did it ever work after the new SAM? There are some wires under the shifter that can break, if you are a DIY type person there are threads that show this repair. I'm not sure if this is your problem, just my best guess.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:22 PM

Hi Dublinoh. Yes, i was able to use it before, and it never worked after the SAM change (i tried 5 times, but it needs to unplug battery each time, it's boring).

After reading this :
http://bayhas.com/mercedes/cl215/con..._startstop.htm
And this :
http://www.autogenius.info/mercedes-...e-box-diagram/
I decided to check 4 relays about circuit 15 & 15R (kB & kF in trunk, kN & kP in engine), end they all seems to be good.

I have read posts about what you say, and it appears that everyone who get this issue didn't had any reactions when they pressed the shifter, this is not my case. But I'm a DIY person, and will check it of course. I also read some issues with the brake light switch, will try to change it too.

Thanks for your interest
Old 05-21-2017, 04:11 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
W211 E55 2003
the first link is for a cl 2015 chassis.. completly different system than in w211
Old 05-21-2017, 05:22 PM

You're right Elhonaz, but I did not find it for w211, and at the same time i told myself that can't be so much different, or atleast it's a good way to start and try something. You say it is completly different, you mean sequence is different or Circuit 15 not called ?
Old 05-31-2017, 04:53 PM

Brake light switch changed, without success. To be continued..