W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another DIY intercooler pump guide (without deleted pictures)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 06:52 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
S55
Originally Posted by Ls1toAMG
the e55 has a closed system as soon as the pump goes on. So it's not self bleeding from what I have heard.
He is draining coolant from the ic pump line into the main system reservoir...
Old 05-08-2021, 07:23 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by tw2
Can you please back up your claim that the E55 is self bleeding. As I said above, other AMG models have a bleed hose for the intercooler as stock. I believe the E55 is different.
Originally Posted by Ls1toAMG
the e55 has a closed system as soon as the pump goes on. So it's not self bleeding from what I have heard.
It's self bleeding because of the return line on the reservoir, and the design of the cooling system. Air rises. If you change the system from stock, it's a different story.

That being said, there's a bleeder port at the top of the motor where you can also bleed the intercooler/entire cooling system less than 5 minutes.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:27 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by equitiesguy
It's self bleeding because of the return line on the reservoir, and the design of the cooling system. Air rises. If you change the system from stock, it's a different story.

That being said, there's a bleeder port at the top of the motor where you can also bleed the intercooler/entire cooling system less than 5 minutes.
You are two years too late. We are not talking about bleeding the coolant from the main engine circuit which is self bleeding. We are talking about the intercooler coolant specically since this thread is about interooler pump swaps. I know for some other AMG's it is self bleeding but not on the E55. The CLS55 may be the same or not, I don't know. The bleeding port is only for the intercooler and coolant only flows through it when the intercooler pump is engaged.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:25 PM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by tw2
You are two years too late. We are not talking about bleeding the coolant from the main engine circuit which is self bleeding. We are talking about the intercooler coolant specically since this thread is about interooler pump swaps. I know for some other AMG's it is self bleeding but not on the E55. The CLS55 may be the same or not, I don't know. The bleeding port is only for the intercooler and coolant only flows through it when the intercooler pump is engaged.

I'm specifically referring to the charge air system (intercooler) and the self bleeding air vent line that is part of the hose design. It is self bleeding. Since I assume you can read, see attached image to enlighten yourself on your ignorance.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:40 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2

I'm specifically referring to the charge air system (intercooler) and the self bleeding air vent line that is part of the hose design. It is self bleeding. Since I assume you can read, see attached image to enlighten yourself on your ignorance.
I can read ok, not the best, not the worst. Have you seen this yellow air bleed line on an E55 specifically? I had one on my C32 and I have seen them on the SL55. I don't mind being wrong but I swear I don't have one on my E55. Maybe it is a right and left hand drive difference. That air line only goes to the main radiator coolant hose, it doesn't branch off to the intercooler like in the photo and it is 100% stock original plumbing. On my C32 it left the exact port that is capped off on the E55.

Old 05-10-2021, 04:37 AM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
The cap is the bleed port if you've managed to get an inordinate amount of air in the system, or want to verify there's no air trapped (no bubbles). For all intents and purposes, that's a service port.

Honestly, you're too stupid for me to bother with and if you weren't a condescending ******* in your previous posts I would just tell you. Instead, I'll leave you one parting gift before I sign off this website for another year: If you empty your entire cooling system, including the charge air system ... and you pour antifreeze into the reservoir to refill it ... how does the water get back to your intercooler? Think about that, and you'll understand what the diagram above is showing you, and how the system self bleeds.

Jesus ****ing christ.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:36 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
The cap is the bleed port if you've managed to get an inordinate amount of air in the system, or want to verify there's no air trapped (no bubbles). For all intents and purposes, that's a service port.

Honestly, you're too stupid for me to bother with and if you weren't a condescending ******* in your previous posts I would just tell you. Instead, I'll leave you one parting gift before I sign off this website for another year: If you empty your entire cooling system, including the charge air system ... and you pour antifreeze into the reservoir to refill it ... how does the water get back to your intercooler? Think about that, and you'll understand what the diagram above is showing you, and how the system self bleeds.

Jesus ****ing christ.
Ok