Thumbs up from the Wife!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Thumbs up from the Wife!!!!!!

I thought it might take a few months to convince my wife to go for this, but it took only 2 days. E55 here I come The car hits the dock on Mon., so in 7-10 I should be behind the wheel.

I brought it up the other day, and it didn't really go over that well. She said "we need to talk about this". Oh, Oh I'm in trouble I thought. We were in Toys R' Us with the kids today and I brought it up again. Still, stiff resistance. OK, this calls for extreme measures I thought. I was going to mention the cost of some of the jewelery I've bought her, but I decided against it. That might really **** her off. I offered to sell a few of my watches (although I had no plans to actually go ahead and sell them). Still not getting thru, but I sensed a little softening. I looked at her with a very serious look and said: "If I don't get this car, I'll die". She busted out laughing, called me an idiot and said go ahead!!

Here's what's on the way: '04 Brilliant Silver/Charcoal, Burl Walnut, DVD NAV, V60 phone, CD Changer, Lighting package, Parktronic, Trunk closer. Actually I could have done without the parktronic and trunk closer, but oh well. I can't wait!!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Thumbs up Good work!

Originally posted by cte430
I thought it might take a few months to convince my wife to go for this, but it took only 2 days. E55 here I come The car hits the dock on Mon., so in 7-10 I should be behind the wheel.

I brought it up the other day, and it didn't really go over that well. She said "we need to talk about this". Oh, Oh I'm in trouble I thought. We were in Toys R' Us with the kids today and I brought it up again. Still, stiff resistance. OK, this calls for extreme measures I thought. I was going to mention the cost of some of the jewelery I've bought her, but I decided against it. That might really **** her off. I offered to sell a few of my watches (although I had no plans to actually go ahead and sell them). Still not getting thru, but I sensed a little softening. I looked at her with a very serious look and said: "If I don't get this car, I'll die". She busted out laughing, called me an idiot and said go ahead!!

Here's what's on the way: '04 Brilliant Silver/Charcoal, Burl Walnut, DVD NAV, V60 phone, CD Changer, Lighting package, Parktronic, Trunk closer. Actually I could have done without the parktronic and trunk closer, but oh well. I can't wait!!!!
Good strategic planning Chris, bringing it up at Toys R' Us appealing to her motherly love as another baby wanting his toy, painting scary pictures of the kids and herself, the single without the father.

You know what, the two most impressive features my wife appreciates about the car are the trunk closer and parktronic so everyone should be happy!

Last edited by W210; 04-24-2004 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Re: Good work!

Originally posted by W210
Good strategic planning Chris, bringing it up at Toys R' Us appealing to her motherly love as another baby wanting his toy, painting scary pictures of the kids and herself, the single without the father.

You know what, the two most impressive features my wife appreciates about the car are the trunk closer and parktronic so everyone should be happy!
Yeah, it was funny at Toys 'R Us because my 7 year old son saw something that he wanted and was told no. Neither of my kids have ever given us a hard time in a store when they don't get something they want. So my wife turns to me and says "look at James, he's 7 and your being a bigger baby than he is about the car, LOL
Old 04-24-2004, 10:20 PM

2004 E55
You took a chance out of sheer desperation and revealed yourself to be what we all know we are but which is normally safeguarded at all costs. I believe you have gone beyond simply being a man who thinks on his feet, to pure genius. However, my wife says that once your wife gets a real taste of what an incredible car it is, she'll be fighting you for the keys.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:36 AM

C 32 AMG (203.065)
funny story.. good one. I guess I'd act about the same way
Old 04-25-2004, 02:47 PM

one of seven
Thumbs up

cte430,

congrats!! now turn your skills to world peace!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't forget the all-important follow up: letting her drive the car!!

Congrats!