P0507 Code Reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG
P0507 Code Reset

Hi guys,

So I got a CEL with the codes P0507 (idle air control system higher than expected) and P0505 (air control system). After some digging, I found this was vacuum line related, and sure enough... the rubber hose completely came off the tube. Weird... Added hose clamp to stop that from happening in the future.

So that fixed the problem, but how do I go about clearing these codes? Can I unplug the battery, or do I need a code reader?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by tompoeschel
Hi guys,

So I got a CEL with the codes P0507 (idle air control system higher than expected) and P0505 (air control system). After some digging, I found this was vacuum line related, and sure enough... the rubber hose completely came off the tube. Weird... Added hose clamp to stop that from happening in the future.

So that fixed the problem, but how do I go about clearing these codes? Can I unplug the battery, or do I need a code reader?

Thanks!

You can clear them with a simple OBDII code reader as they are stored in the ECU. After your mods I would recommend you getting a bluetooth ODBII reader compatible with your phone (Android/iPhone use diff adapter) and using torque or dashcommand. Both can view/clear codes on the fly along with monitor live data (although slow through OBD).

Eventually you will want to get a STAR/SDS as your miles climb up, you will need one sooner rather than later.