W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Unique Fuel Pump Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017 | 02:12 PM

05 E55
Unique Fuel Pump Issue

I got the dreaded fuel smell in the cabin this morning and found a nice big pool of gas under the seat on top of the pump on the passenger side (can't remember if that's the pump or the sending unit). My issue is right now I have a zip tie in place of the little snap on clip that holds one of the hoses to the top of the fuel pump. I'd rather not bring it in to the dealer in this condition and have them reject my warranty claim because of the state of the pump.

When I was diagnosing fuel issues last year I had found that a previous owner had replaced the clip with a metal twist tie because it had lost its "springyness". I replaced that metal twist tie with a heavy duty "corrosion resistant" zip tie. Luckily, the bad clip was still in the bottom of the fuel tank so I know exactly what I need to get but I have no idea where to find it.

Does anyone have an old pump lying around that they could take this clip off of? Or does anyone know of a good source to find one?

Pics attached

Old 08-31-2017 | 08:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by hergs7
I got the dreaded fuel smell in the cabin this morning and found a nice big pool of gas under the seat on top of the pump on the passenger side (can't remember if that's the pump or the sending unit). My issue is right now I have a zip tie in place of the little snap on clip that holds one of the hoses to the top of the fuel pump. I'd rather not bring it in to the dealer in this condition and have them reject my warranty claim because of the state of the pump.

When I was diagnosing fuel issues last year I had found that a previous owner had replaced the clip with a metal twist tie because it had lost its "springyness". I replaced that metal twist tie with a heavy duty "corrosion resistant" zip tie. Luckily, the bad clip was still in the bottom of the fuel tank so I know exactly what I need to get but I have no idea where to find it.

Does anyone have an old pump lying around that they could take this clip off of? Or does anyone know of a good source to find one?

Not in the USA??

If you are in the USA, you can take the car do the dealer and get a brand new fuel tank, with new pumps and everything.

PM me also, I have a clip

Thanks!

Dave