Sponsored by:

Lowbeams aiming down...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63
Lowbeams aiming down...?

Another issue arises - I recently noticed that one of my lowbeams (driver's side) is aiming directly down. I'm really surprised I hadn't discovered this before. I had the codes checked and nothing came up about headlights... any ideas?

I've searched all over and it seems when the motor fails, a common sign is that it aims up... but mine is aiming down. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
Originally Posted by swertle
Another issue arises - I recently noticed that one of my lowbeams (driver's side) is aiming directly down. I'm really surprised I hadn't discovered this before. I had the codes checked and nothing came up about headlights... any ideas?

I've searched all over and it seems when the motor fails, a common sign is that it aims up... but mine is aiming down. Thanks!
Your active lights failed either replace with a other set or get regular ones and star that code out .Its simple .
Old 09-12-2017, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 722 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Info in this thread on where in DAS to go to check headlights. Youtube videos can give you an idea of how it works. Read the thread first.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...djustment.html
The following users liked this post:
hachiroku (09-12-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 02:07 AM

2008 E63
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
Info in this thread on where in DAS to go to check headlights. Youtube videos can give you an idea of how it works. Read the thread first.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...djustment.html
Thanks for the information. I went digging through the service history today and found that in 2014, the dealership diagnosed it as a broken motor linkage on the left headlight. Not looking to be a cheap fix right now.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320 BlueTec, 09 E63 AMG, 91' 350 SDL
Today noticed that pass side headlight moves up and down during start up, but driver is not. It sits so far in good position, making good line on road, may be slightly lower that I would like. Any ideas?
Old 04-22-2018, 06:03 AM

2008 E63
I ended up fixing my issue without doing anything special. After looking at pictures of the internals and other similar headlight units, I found out that the lens had detached itself from the adjusters. I popped them back in by fitting my fingers into the hole behind the main projector unit. It comes apart if you unscrew the cap.

You can see if this is the case for you by wiggling the projector unit from behind. If the lense wobbles around without resistance, it's probably the case. It's stayed in place since.