W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e55 Suspension Kits Advice (to allow fine tune alignment)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
e55 Suspension Kits Advice (to allow fine tune alignment)

I just changed my air struts, Now that that is under my belt I was thinking of upgrading the suspension to be able to fine tune alignment, seems like Ive seen kits that replace everything.

If you know of some products can you link? and If you've put them on your car give some review and opinions about them?

Im sure this has been discussed, but I cant seem to find the thread, if so , point me there too
Old 09-17-2017, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 929 Likes on 721 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
First, calibrate your suspension to the proper ride height; by this I mean the factory recommended ride height and not an aftermarket lowered ride height.

Front control arms: 3.1 degrees (lowest) to 4.1 degrees (highest).
Rear stub axles: -1.5 degrees (lowest) to -0.9 degrees (highest).

The above will put you into the recommended camber angles. You will need STAR/DAS/Xentry to program the sensor values into the suspension control module.

Front toe: just use the OEM adjusters on the tie-rod ends.

Rear: I recommend the UPD toe arms from Shardul here on the forum. You'll need a 32mm open end wrench for the center and a 28mm open end wrench for the lock nuts on the end. The stock adjusters have far too much hystereses and you'll be chasing your tail trying to get it set correctly.

I've posted on the above. Just search for "threads started" under my screen name.

Edit: once you change the ride height, you really should recalibrate your low and high beam headlights. You'll need DAS for the low beams. Recent thread on this in the W211 non-AMG sub-forum.

Last edited by bbirdwell; 09-17-2017 at 07:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
C3Duece (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
First, calibrate your suspension to the proper ride height; by this I mean the factory recommended ride height and not an aftermarket lowered ride height.

Front control arms: 3.1 degrees (lowest) to 4.1 degrees (highest).
Rear stub axles: -1.5 degrees (lowest) to -0.9 degrees (highest).

The above will put you into the recommended camber angles. You will need STAR/DAS/Xentry to program the sensor values into the suspension control module.

Front toe: just use the OEM adjusters on the tie-rod ends.

Rear: I recommend the UPD toe arms from Shardul here on the forum. You'll need a 32mm open end wrench for the center and a 28mm open end wrench for the lock nuts on the end. The stock adjusters have far too much hystereses and you'll be chasing your tail trying to get it set correctly.

I've posted on the above. Just search for "threads started" under my screen name.

Edit: once you change the ride height, you really should recalibrate your low and high beam headlights. You'll need DAS for the low beams. Recent thread on this in the W211 non-AMG sub-forum.
Man you are always such a help. I do have a star. Im not sure if my ride height is stock or not. I did discover a renntech lowering unit that I didn't know was installed when I was changing my A/C blower fan... I turned it to the "off" setting.

Ive seen in DAS how to adjust headlights. And have messed with the actuations on the airmatic, but never saved any settings personally with it.

No recommendation on front suspension upgrades?
Old 09-18-2017, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 929 Likes on 721 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by SCarterMusic
Man you are always such a help. I do have a star. Im not sure if my ride height is stock or not. I did discover a renntech lowering unit that I didn't know was installed when I was changing my A/C blower fan... I turned it to the "off" setting.

Ive seen in DAS how to adjust headlights. And have messed with the actuations on the airmatic, but never saved any settings personally with it.

No recommendation on front suspension upgrades?
I have the KMac bushings in the front; work like a charm and I used them to reduce the amount of negative camber even with the control arm at 3.1 degrees (which equates to the lowest height). I had KMac bushings in the rear but pulled them off and installed stock bushings with the UPD toe arms.

I've posted a couple of times on calibrating the suspension; if you can't find them or the post doesn't make sense, just PM me.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 S430, 05 E55 AMG
W211 04 E55 AMG rear alignment issue

Hey guys hope you can help. Had a issue with my e55 eating rear right tire like 1000 miles or less needed new tire... Anyway the thrust arm bracket where the two toe boots bolt into subframe was bent. Ordered one new one from mayle and swapped it out and took it for alignment at the Benz dealer because no one in Phoenix Arizona wants to touch a Mercedes from mid west ... Anyway the dealership adjustable all four corners but apparently the meyle thrust arm is shorter than the OEM Benz part unlikely because I measured them before I installed new one. They also stated that bolts with for lack of better terminology that have star washers are rusted and seized I can't for the life of me find which bolts those are to adjust the toe on the e55 and what the part numbers are for the washer bolt and nut. I will include a pic of the alignment specs if that helps. Any help appreciated in advance thank you