Keyless go problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Keyless go problem

I have been driving MB for the last 12 years or so and never have this problem. So my car have keyless go. It’s raining outside. I walked up to the passenger front door open the car put my jacket (key in jacket) and pack back in the front passenger seat, walked over to the driver side and the door freaking locked on me, lol. So I’m sitting here waiting for my wife to come with the other key.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None. We dismantle them :)
Keyless Go Problem

Hi there! We had a customer call with a similar problem the other day, and he fixed his by replacing the control module....

Of course, your problem sounds much simpler... Take the key apart completely (after breaking the window), store the pieces in dry white rice (which you'd presumably have handy, in your left jacket breast pocket), wait about 2.5 hours, reassemble the key, blow on it really hard, shake it just a little, and then it should work fine.

Let us know if that helped!

Of course, if the key was never wet, the whole thing is moot.

In that case, we have no advice. Don't really break the window - those are expensive.

But we feel for you.

Last edited by pacificmotors; 10-05-2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Advice
Old 10-05-2017, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Originally Posted by pacificmotors
Hi there! We had a customer call with a similar problem the other day, and he fixed his by replacing the control module....

Of course, your problem sounds much simpler... Take the key apart completely (after breaking the window), store the pieces in dry white rice (which you'd presumably have handy, in your left jacket breast pocket), wait about 2.5 hours, reassemble the key, blow on it really hard, shake it just a little, and then it should work fine.

Let us know if that helped!

Of course, if the key was never wet, the whole thing is moot.

In that case, we have no advice. Don't really break the window - those are expensive.

But we feel for you.
Lol, so you think the moisture is the culprit? I’ve always leave the key in my jeans pocket. The one time I didn’t and I’m locked out.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None. We dismantle them :)
The only thing we can reasonably consider apart from the key being wet, (and we haven't encountered it) is that the key was covered by something metal or electronic, it could have interfered with the signal... e.g. if your phone was covering the key, or a credit card/id with RFID technology...

Or there legitimately is an issue with a control module... unlikely, but totally possible.