Sponsored by:

Airmatic help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Airmatic help

I have a 08 E63 and my diver side rear air bag popped so i replaced it and now nothing works. The front end is stuck in the raised position and the rear is on the floor. The compressor will turn on if i jump the relay and every other key on engine off the compressor will turn on for 2-3 seconds then turn off. If i cycle the modes nothing happens. The fuse and relay are good. No leaks and all wires are connected. The only dash light on is suspension to low. Not sure if i have to just reset something or it has to be taken to a shop to be connected to star. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Brentlez; 10-09-2017 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to list vehicle
Old 10-09-2017, 05:12 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 CLS55
just a thought....but have you disconnected the battery for a bit and reconnected to see if that will reset something?
Old 10-09-2017, 06:54 PM

E63
I did but nothing happened.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:09 AM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
04 e55
Originally Posted by Brentlez
I have a 08 E63 and my diver side rear air bag popped so i replaced it and now nothing works. The front end is stuck in the raised position and the rear is on the floor. .
did you replace only one side with a factory or aftermarket/arnott ? they are supposed to swapped in pairs - lift the rear up with a jack and try unlocking and opening drivers door to try to get compressor to kick on.. also a STAR unit may help to run some diags - keep us posted
Old 10-11-2017, 09:45 PM

E63
I only replaced the drivers side. Everything ive read about having to replave both sides has to do with installing the new design by Arnott. O.E. uses an external reservoir and Arnott has an internal reservoir. Because of this new design the overall height is taller and will cause one side to sit higher then the other. I tried lifting the rear to ride hight and just below ride height and the compressor did not turn on. The suspension to low light went out and a picture of a car came up with malfunction written below it. I have a feeling its probably the valve body.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
CLS500 M113
Exactly the same thing happened to me. My rear went up in the air and there was a 1 foot gap between the wheel and the wheel arch. Then the next day it slammed so low, you couldn't get a jack under it.
Then a few days later, my front right slammed whilst driving and took out my fender and bumper.

It turned out to be the rear level sensor, soon followed by the front one..
Your problem may be different, but do check the little arms on the sensors, it may have come loose from the ball and socket. Cheap fix. Thank God.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:24 PM

E63
I'll take a look. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Originally Posted by Brentlez
I only replaced the drivers side. Everything ive read about having to replave both sides has to do with installing the new design by Arnott. O.E. uses an external reservoir and Arnott has an internal reservoir. Because of this new design the overall height is taller and will cause one side to sit higher then the other. I tried lifting the rear to ride hight and just below ride height and the compressor did not turn on.
Yes, when replacing the OE with an Arnott air spring you will need to replace both sides. You may also need to use the Mercedes Star Diagnostic (SD) scanner.