Sponsored by:

Front and Rear Brake Pads and Rotors Review E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG || 1982 300D
Front and Rear Brake Pads and Rotors Review E55

I recently purchased a full set of Hella/Pagid brake pads and Zimmermann rotors for my 2004 E55 from FCP Euro and I was extremely pleased with the speed of delivery, product quality, and customer service. They offer a LIFETIME REPLACEMENT so this will be the last time I pay for brakes for my AMG. You can use up the brakes and send them back and they will replace them free of charge. Additionally you can pay for new brakes and then send your old ones back, they will refund your money upon receiving the old brakes. (they make sure the products you send them back are the same ones they sent you so don’t try and send your Autozone parts back in hopes of being refunded haha). I ordered a few more parts from them and will be reviewing them in the future once I install them.

The total for all the parts and hardware was under $600 and is well worth the investment due to the lifetime replacement offered by FCP Euro. No brake squeal so far, I will update if any problems arise.

Tools required:

Pocket screw driver or small punch (for pins on calipers)

17mm socket (for lug nuts)

10mm Hex bit (for front caliper removal)

T40 Torx (for rotor bolts)

E10 Socket (for pad sensors)

E18 Socket (for rear caliper removal)

High Temp Brake Grease

IMPORTANT: These Zimmerman rotors DO NOT need to be cleaned or surfaced before installation. They are coated with a special coating that comes off after 5-6 brake presses from 60mph down to 30mph. Make sure to avoid hard braking for the first 100 miles to break (no pun intended) the pads and rotors in.

Also make sure to put blue thread locker on all those bolts!

PM me with any questions and I’ll do my best to help.

(I'm currently sitting on BC Racing coilovers in the front and stock airmatic in the rear. Hopefully I have enough time to do the rear coils this weekend)

The following users liked this post:
FCPEuro (10-23-2017)