Sponsored by:

Uh oH, Im stuck in 2nd gear..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211 E55 AMG
Angry Uh oH, Im stuck in 2nd gear..

So I've been doing some research and looking at different possibilities. From what I've read online, is that I could need to replace my shifter module due to spilled liquids that fried the module... But I'm certain I did not spill any fluids near my shifter... but, my car starts and shifts but once I'm moving, I'm stuck in 2nd (LIMP).... shifts are hard when going into neutral, reverse, and when I go back into drive. My car has been parked since the issue and checked batteries to make sure voltage was good. One thing I do know I messed up on was using push start and accidentally going into drive before my car fully turned over and started ( was in a rush and on the phone). Any ideas on what my issue could be?
Old 10-27-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
It might be your conductor plate. It's pretty much a circuit board on your transmission that tells your transmission what gear to be in. Part isn't too costly and there are a few DIY guides out there. Couple that with a tranny flush and I think it's a good starting point.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:50 AM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
Never flush a tranny unless you ready for a complete rebuild.You will loose metals that stick to the clutches and parts..Change plate and fluid only,then hope that will fix your issue.I would reset the battery for starters and go from there it's amazing how these cars fix on there own with battery resets.