Sponsored by:

OK need advice and help P0106 and hiccup, reward again offered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 11:24 AM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by L*M*S
I've recently fitted one that seems OK so far, I have tried to cause the B28 code with erratic idle and AFRs but has not happened yet though early days.
It may not be cold enough at the moment which is when I sometimes get the B28 Implausible signal code.
I noticed the P0106 code only after 30+ min of 70-80mph cruising. Are you monitoring your STFT with an app like Torque Pro? It takes a few days and drive cycles before the code throw a check engine light but you can scan and see what codes are pending with the app.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:27 AM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by MSG 55G
That sucks actech! I got a stage 2 tune from Tony last month after I installed 76mm SC pulley, BWK, HE, superflo IC pump, and split cool kit; no CEL.
Are you monitoring your STFTs at all?
Old 01-05-2020, 11:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55 - Audi
Originally Posted by lost27
I noticed the P0106 code only after 30+ min of 70-80mph cruising. Are you monitoring your STFT with an app like Torque Pro? It takes a few days and drive cycles before the code throw a check engine light but you can scan and see what codes are pending with the app.
No I have not, I will give it a try -
Old 01-22-2020, 06:44 AM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by L*M*S
No I have not, I will give it a try -
Did you get a chance to monitor your STFTs?
Old 01-22-2020, 12:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55 - Audi
Not at the moment, I did have a spirited drive in cold weather recently I did not get any problems yet - time will tell
Old 09-10-2020, 08:56 PM

CLS55 AMG
Has anyone found a definitive fix for this issue? After months of it not showing up, we finally got some cooler weather today and sure enough I got the P0106 code and rough idle. This is the 3rd throttle body that has been installed on the car and has been the best so far. The car was in the shop pretty much from the beginning of January through late May earlier this year and there still doesn't seem to be a fix.

Some believe it is in the tune but nobody has so far posted what the "fix" in the tune is. Some folks have had Tony's Race IQ tune fix it and others have had the DTK tune fix it. I'm running a custom Eurocharged tune and this is the longest I've gone without issues. It is incredibly difficult for me to consistently reproduce the issue which makes diagnosis tough.

Has anyone anymore thoughts on this? What European tuners have folks had luck talking to? There has been talk of backup maps but it doesn't sound like any US tuners are aware of them.

Any help would be appreciated here.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by lost27
Has anyone found a definitive fix for this issue? After months of it not showing up, we finally got some cooler weather today and sure enough I got the P0106 code and rough idle. This is the 3rd throttle body that has been installed on the car and has been the best so far. The car was in the shop pretty much from the beginning of January through late May earlier this year and there still doesn't seem to be a fix.

Some believe it is in the tune but nobody has so far posted what the "fix" in the tune is. Some folks have had Tony's Race IQ tune fix it and others have had the DTK tune fix it. I'm running a custom Eurocharged tune and this is the longest I've gone without issues. It is incredibly difficult for me to consistently reproduce the issue which makes diagnosis tough.

Has anyone anymore thoughts on this? What European tuners have folks had luck talking to? There has been talk of backup maps but it doesn't sound like any US tuners are aware of them.

Any help would be appreciated here.
Tony’s Tune is spot on.

It’s a EC tune issue coupled with a leak. Everyone except his fan boys have this issue.