Sponsored by:

07 E63 ESP INOPERATIVE???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 AMG
07 E63 ESP INOPERATIVE???

Just bought an 07 E63 last week. 99k miles on it. got it inspected at Aristocrat Motors in KC, checked out nearly perfect minus a couple bulbs that have since been replaced. Just got in my car today, 55 degrees out. Usually when I start it up it stays at 2000 rpms for about 10 seconds then goes down to normal 1000 rpms. I usually wait for that to happen before driving off but today I foolishly forgot about the car doing that so I just drove off. It idled much faster than usual and the ESP inoperative light came on along with the check engine light. After driving it, I got out and it smelled like I had been driving it really hard but I hadn't. Anyone heard of this? Common problem? easy to fix?
Old 12-13-2017, 06:17 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
have your car scanned by a good Mercedes compatible scanner or STAR scanner. readouts will tell you exactly what part is faulty. for me it was a brake switch for the pedal which caused the ESP to become inactive.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 12-13-2017, 06:17 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Just started it up again, ESP inoperative message is gone and I am able to turn off ESP at will. However the check engine light is still on, plugged it into a scanner that my friend has and had 2 codes pop up; 1061 "The load limit is active' and P2313 "Undocumented code" Just got it looked at in KC at aristocrat motors yesterday and it was fine. They did an oil change, changed a fog lamp and license plate lamp and fixed the glove box but no problems other than that. What should I do?
Old 12-13-2017, 06:19 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hachiroku
have your car scanned by a good Mercedes compatible scanner or STAR scanner. readouts will tell you exactly what part is faulty. for me it was a brake switch for the pedal which caused the ESP to become inactive.
Barry,

Thanks for your reply, I had my friend who is a technician at a KIA dealer plug his scanner into it, not sure of the brand but the codes that popped up were 1061 "the load limit is active" and P2313 "undocumented code"
Old 12-13-2017, 06:44 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
if you use a STAR or new scanner it will give you the exact sensor name or computer that has failed.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...d-nothing.html
Originally Posted by jptaylor
What filters did you swap in place of the OEM? If dry filters then ignore this but if you put in K&N that may be the culprit as our MAFs are very, very, VERY sensitive to anything outside of their comfort zone and the K&Ns may have covered one, or both, of the MAF elements with a film of oil which is sending them into a frenzy.
http://www.jltechno.com/en/dtc-looku...enz/P2313.html
P2313
Maker: Mercedes-Benz
Description: There is a fault in CAN communication with control module N15/5 (electronic selector lever module control module) or the selector lever position of control module ESM is implausible.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ifts-gear.html
Originally Posted by 1raja
I have this same problem an I keep going into limp mode. I am getting fault code p2313 and say can-bus and gear selector module fault.

I have removed the carpet by the passengers footwell and got to the wires and TCU there and also removed the panel on the actual gear selector (but have not moved the gear selector yet) how do I find this wire that connect the two as you say as there is quite a few connections in both the footwell and by the gear selector?
Also will I need to remove any paneling by the passengers side to have a visual on how and where these two run there connection?

Any update would be a great help as I seem to have taken my car apart an abit reluctant to go any further... Lol

This limp mode headache is killing me!!! Lol

Thanks.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

Last edited by hachiroku; 12-13-2017 at 06:47 PM.