Sponsored by:

Renntech V3 Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 05:16 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
Renntech V3 Lowering Module

I have an '04 E55 & my V3 lowering module will not allow me to lower the car an 1" or more. If I try to go any lower -0.86" lower in the front, I will get an Airmatic Visit Workshop where the car will neither raise nor lower it until I set it back to stock (or acceptable within range) ride height & restart the car. I tried to get the wiring schematic to see if mine is wired 3-wire or 4-wire, but have not been able to obtain the install manual. The car drives well & there are no issues otherwise. It looks good lowered & I would most likely not drive around any lower, but you know, for car shows etc I'd like to go just a bit lower.
If it was wired improperly, 3-wire vs. 4-wire, would it even be working like it is? Should I be able to slam the car if I want?
Can anyone provide me with an installation manual for a Renntech V3 module?

Old 02-02-2018, 06:28 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
Your ecu is not liking the values your giving it..I say
either it's not wired correctly ,or the unit is a faulty
Old 02-02-2018, 06:39 PM

2004 E55
Ok, I can drive around with those values entered above & have no issues while driving. The suspension and ride height remain level & all of the Raise/Sport modes function as they should. It will not go any lower without the Airmatic notification showing up.
Can it do all of those things & still be wired incorrectly or the unit be faulty?
Old 02-03-2018, 06:50 AM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
Originally Posted by eFifty5AMG
Ok, I can drive around with those values entered above & have no issues while driving. The suspension and ride height remain level & all of the Raise/Sport modes function as they should. It will not go any lower without the Airmatic notification showing up.
Can it do all of those things & still be wired incorrectly or the unit be faulty?

As I said , your ecu is not accepting the values .Check your wiring again ,and if you can run it on a star
Old 07-14-2018, 03:10 PM

2004 E55
Forgot to give this thread an update. The previous owner wired the module using the 3-wire configuration & it ended up needing the 4-wire configuration. It doesn't say in the Renntech instructions, but a quick way to check is by looking at how many wires are connected to your front level sensors. Switched from 3 to 4 & now I'm able to lower it to the max without any malfunctions. Thanks oneslow55
Took a little bit to get the installation manual from Renntech, but if anyone needs them just send me a PM & I'll email you the pdf.