Recalibrate airmatic question: Snap-on tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 08:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Recalibrate airmatic question: Snap-on tool

Hey folks!
Car has been in storage over the winter but now that spring is around the corner I would like to get a few things figured out.
I replaced height control module on the drivers front with an oem part back in October. After replacing the part I lifted the car up and down a couple times just to make sure everything was working properly, I wanted to make sure I didnt blow an airbag when I was driving. I left it overnight and it did not loose any air. I ran my Icarsoft software to verify as well.
Now the issue: The side I replaced will not level out to the rest of the car. I did some reading and found out after that sensor is replaced the suspension needs to be recalibrated. Is this correct?
Now my Icarsoft only gives me the heights but wont let me recalibrate. My buddy/mechanic has the Snapon edge computer he uses for work. does anyone know if it will allow me to recalibrate the airmatic? If so is it straight forward or is there a diy for this.
Thanks guys
Also the car is at home on jackstands I wanted to take the weight off the suspension, tires ext. just a safety precautions as the car is not near me.
I will make a separate thread of the second issue I am having.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 999 Likes on 777 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Cannot answer your question about calibrating with anything but STAR but here is some more info for you.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post6862688

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....postcount=1034